NSVs.. a good day!

Options
So... it's still pretty early in the game, but things are changing! :happy: My HABITS are changing - and others are noticing: Last night, my hubby commented about how hard I've been working out and that he was impressed by my determination. (My hubby is a super-sweet guy, but he is a man of very few words. The fact that he even said anything is a big deal for me!) I know I've only dropped a few pounds, but my BODY is changing! My lower stomach has always been a source of great frustration/embasrassment for me - (I want that to change more than anything else!) but I couldn't help but to notice this morning as I was dressing (sorry, TMI) that it is changing 'shape'! It's still there, to be sure, and there is a long way to go, but stuff is moving!! Finally, I've noticed that my PERSPECTIVE is changing! Someone brought my favorite salty snack to work today. They left a HUGE bowl in the workroom - along with M & Ms!! Typically, I would have taken as much as was socially acceptable, and would have come back for seconds and thirds throughout the day! Today, I did have some of the snack mix in a small dixie cup (3 oz) and only FIVE M&Ms -- and I'm totally okay with that!! :) I WANT more (okay... let's be honest - I WANT the whole bowl!) - but the little bit I had was perfectly satisfying. I walked away, and don't have those nagging thoughts compelling me to go back for more. THAT, in itself, feels like a pretty big weight has been lifted. It's hard to remember the last time that I was that 'in control'. Woo-hoo! :bigsmile:

Replies

• jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Great job! So great when you notice habits changing for the better!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!