Stretch Marks...

Options
2»

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I love Bio OIl! It does work. They don't completely go away....but they have faded considerably! It's worth the $10 (Wal-mart and CVS)

CVS has it for 10? :noway:

Grrr. Duane Reade... doghouse.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Yes, I knew already that they don't go away completely, I'd just hate to lose all this weight and then not be able to show my body off in a bikini because of my horrid stretch marks! :indifferent:

NykkieZ - you CAN wear a bikini girl! Why not? I have some marks, and I figure, who the heck cares, and I wear a two piece. I personally find that tanning and Bio oil helps - try it all and see what works for you!

Also, depends where your marks are - Victoria Secret makes a great bottom that is low, but because it cuts straight across your hip (instead of dipping in the middle - which is bad for me), it does wonders for the tummy. Check it out with the URL below:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CM-238266&page=2&cgname=OSSWMHLTZZZ&rfnbr=1412

Also - tip to offer - when I started MFP, I had 30 lbs to lose (and was a size 12) so I bought my dream bikini in a size 6, and that was my motivation / goal! Might be worth a try!

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Which self-tanner is the best?
    I don't tan easily so I want to give it a try this year.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Which self-tanner is the best?
    I don't tan easily so I want to give it a try this year.

I personally like the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze. This is a one time application that lasts for a few days (I reapply evern 3 days or so, maybe 5 days if life gets busy). I also like the Jergens Daily ones - I can use those everyday to maintain the tan - and I like the Dove with SPF for the face. I never focus on the face too much, as it tends to get darker (and you can always use bronzer on the face - which allows you to control the darker and lighter areas).

The ones I don''t like are Nivea (the smell is atrocious) and I don't like the Avon products at all - the colour was streaky and too orange. That technology seemed about 20 years old.

I LOVE to have a tan, but don't lay out too much. I also apply the Jergens products when I lay out - it seems to really enhance the tan from the sun. Don't tell my dermatologist.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your help!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    P.S. - AJCM...love that bikini!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    P.S. - AJCM...love that bikini!!

Order it! If you can afford the splurge right now, I would say to order it in the your goal size. 30 lbs is approx. 3 clothing sizes down in misses/junior sizes (about 10 lbs a size), so find yourself on the size chart for your measurements now, and go down 3 sizes.

I find with bikinis, that the bottoms always run small, so you could always buy one size bigger than you might think and it will probably be okay. Vic Sec bottoms are sized S-M-L and I have smalls and meds and both still fit. I actually prefer the mediums for a smooth muffin-top-free fit! If the top is adjustable tie, you can't go wrong.