Left Over Calorie Question...

Options
Brandiann
Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
Not sure if this should be under this topic or Fitness and Exercise so excuse me if I posted it in the wrong place. Ok, today I worked out extremely hard :bigsmile: ... I burned 1239 as per my HRM so I logged it into my exercise log and I have about 1300 calories left over!! :noway: I'm done eating for the day and feel satisfyed but wanted to get some advice from other's to see if I should eat more or just leave it? What do you think?

Replies

• Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this should be under this topic or Fitness and Exercise so excuse me if I posted it in the wrong place. Ok, today I worked out extremely hard :bigsmile: ... I burned 1239 as per my HRM so I logged it into my exercise log and I have about 1300 calories left over!! :noway: I'm done eating for the day and feel satisfyed but wanted to get some advice from other's to see if I should eat more or just leave it? What do you think?
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, don't eat. Eat some extra calories tomorrow...:smile:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Sell em on ebay! :laugh:

But seriously, generally speaking, you want to eat those calories, or many of them. Just check how you feel, don't let yourself get too hungry, and as always, make sure you fuel up especially before you exercise. As you get nearer your goal weight, you will need those calories more. I didn't check your profile, but if you are significantly overweight, your body won't need the exercise calories as much as it will later on. When you get nearer your goal weight, if you don't eat most of those calories, you will run out of zip and start to slow the old metabolism down, which is not the goal. Tamtastic, who has lost 135 lbs said that she generally eats about half her exercise calories on those days. Good luck!
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I say leave em, unless you are hungry, then eat some. I never eat all mine anymore. I have big exercise days too and just don't want to eat 3000 calories.
  • barsis
    barsis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find I need to eat most of my alloted calories, spread over five meals to keep my metab working. This keeps those plateaus at bay. Good luck