NASCAR

Options

Replies

• sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Fan here. Used to hit the races in Phoenix up all time. I've hung and drank beers with Kasey Kane (used to live 10 mins apart from eachother), so yeah, hard not to be a fan. He's a good, humble dude. For some reason though, I always find myself quietly rooting for Matt Kenseth.

As for Danica......I'll just wait and see. I like the fact that there's a woman in the sport now, but it's hard to cheer someone who bad mouthed the sport in the past.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I don't watch as much as I used to, but I still watch the big races, Daytona, Charlotte etc. My dad took me to races in Rockingham (yeah, they used to race there LOL) and Charlotte was a big fan of Richard Petty and Dale Sr growing up. I pull for Dale Jr but not a "fanatic", but I'd like to see him do well.. so many other new drivers and teams I can't say I have a "favorite".

I wish Danica success. There is (or was) a female in the lower series (Busch or Nationwide whatever they call it now) who didn't get nearly as much press as Danica, but of course she wasn't a swimsuit model either, she was a race car driver. Her(Danica's) Indy career was splotchy at best.. she was lucky to finish most races.

I think that's what irritates me the most about Danica...her career as a driver is meh @ best. She's just a hot chick who can sort of drive a race car and the cameras are glued to her because of her hotness rather than her talent, which appears to be mediocre at best...
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have always liked NASCAR, but am not a rabid fan. I grew up rooting for Cale Yarborough....he was from near where I was born and raised, and I like Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart. I think Danica will be good for the sport, and will bring in even more fans and interest than the sport already has, but i do not see her winning any races any time soon. Too much of the good ole boy system stil left in NASCAR (not that it is a bad thing....), and someone will wreck her before they let her win....
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    #56 Martin Truex Jr.!!! Yes, I know he's only won one cup series race, but he's still my boy. I am so ready for this season to get kicked off, I've been going through withdrawals since last season ended.
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    #18 ALL THE WAY! If he can control his temper this year!

He's my Number 2 guy. Reminds me so much of Smoke when Smoke was his age! Love the fire!

So true. He's my # 2 also. I like that fire. I wish Tony hadn't settled down so much. LOVE me some SMOKE ;)
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

I think that's what irritates me the most about Danica...her career as a driver is meh @ best. She's just a hot chick who can sort of drive a race car and the cameras are glued to her because of her hotness rather than her talent, which appears to be mediocre at best...
    This might flare up a few, but the same can be said about Dale Jr.. Lets face it, if it wasn't for his name, and the money attached to it, he'd be another Robby Gordon in the sport. He basically inherited his fathers fans, but only has a 1/4 of the talent.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Call me closedminded, but these are the people I think of when I think "nascar."

nascar-fan_display_image.jpg?1294904226

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJxvzG3rC6SiqLLieBHN1IMNaVUjdvTFyjdPN9mDHeX0Hec-L7Ivd5TFMi
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Yes...I went there, LOL! Just curious, with Daytona coming up, if there are any NASCAR fans out there? And, if so, what do you think of Danica Patrick joining the fray?

Huge NASCAR fan here. Took the week off to watch Speed weeks :-)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

This might flare up a few, but the same can be said about Dale Jr.. Lets face it, if it wasn't for his name, and the money attached to it, he'd be another Robby Gordon in the sport. He basically inherited his fathers fans, but only has a 1/4 of the talent.

That, sir, is blasphemy...it's true; but it's still blaphemy...
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    For kbsmom...here's another one :bigsmile:

ShavedBackFanHallFame.jpg
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!

I really hope that guy is a Joey Logano & not a Tony Stewart fan from his Home Depot days. I like Tony & don't want to be associated with fans like this, LOL! :laugh:
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Danica is a very good race car driver, but she is not a great race car driver. I follow many forms of motor racing and I will say this, she will never win a championship. And I will be surprised if she ever wins a race in the Cup series. She only won one race in Indycar, and the field is much deeper in Cup. Plus the one Indycar race she did win, was with fuel economy, not speed. I wish her well.
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes...Live 15 min from Talladega Superspeedway, and we go to both races......ZOOOOooooommmMMMM. We already have our tickets to Spring race! Dale, Jr fan here (I know, I know), and DH is a Gordon fan. But, I also like Mark Martin and Carl Edwards.

Will be camped out Sunday in front of TV for Daytona...Can't wait!

ETA Don't think much about Danica
  • steffihoney
    Options
    My husband is a huge fan and watches every show and race. It is the loooooooongest season!! Kyle Bush fan here and glad he won on Saturday!!!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Call me closedminded, but these are the people I think of when I think "nascar."

ONLY in the Allison seats at DEGA...which is why we love sitting there...they are so much more enjoyable then the other NASCAR fans
  • steffihoney
    Options

Agreed!!! But I think he learned a lot from last year.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options

LOL I've been to a lot of races and you might see a handful of folks like this. But trust me, most are just normal looking people sporting t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts of their favorite driver. We are really quite normal.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options

He's my Number 2 guy. Reminds me so much of Smoke when Smoke was his age! Love the fire!

So true. He's my # 2 also. I like that fire. I wish Tony hadn't settled down so much. LOVE me some SMOKE ;)

Yes I love the man too. I love that he will race in any venue regardless of the $$$$$. He is truly a racer and not only in it for the money. Not only is he a fantastic driver, but a wonderful giving human being too. He does so much through his foundation and altruistic activities. I am so proud to be a fan of Tony Stewart!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

Hm. Well, yeah.. I guess you'd probably be close minded if you assume every NASCAR fan looks like that. As you can see from this thread, normal people like NASCAR. Just like normal people like basketball, football and hockey. Yep, there are definitely a slew of "Good Ole Boys", but from my experience 99.9% of NASCAR fans are normal people.