Treadmill problem

Options
My parents have a treadmill that they don't want anymore and I'd like to have!!! It would be perfect to put my dog on when the weather is bad, but I could use it too! One problem, the little thingy attached to the cord that makes it stop is gone. Is there a way to replace it so I can get it working again?

You know the safety do-hickey that stops the machine immediately....eloquent I know :)

Replies

• lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    My parents have a treadmill that they don't want anymore and I'd like to have!!! It would be perfect to put my dog on when the weather is bad, but I could use it too! One problem, the little thingy attached to the cord that makes it stop is gone. Is there a way to replace it so I can get it working again?

You know the safety do-hickey that stops the machine immediately....eloquent I know :)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    what kind of treadmill is it? You might contact the manufacturer and ask if you can buy a new safety/starter key.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    you could just try a magnet and attach it to a cord---I think that is all the key is!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I think a more interesting question might be what the dog will think about using a treadmill...:huh: if it actually happens, you should post a picture.:glasses:

In regard to the missing safety key, I would vote for contacting the manufacturer, AND making sure that the safety key is working BEFORE Fido takes a spin on the treadmill.