Biggest Loser Spirals and meatballs

Options
Falcon
Falcon Posts: 853 Member
So I made the Spirals and meatballs for this week, and didn't get as many servings as I thought I was going to get. An extra half a cup of spirals would probably be enough.

Next time I plan on using extra lean ground beef, the lean ground beef stil had enough fat in it that I'm feeling kind off sick. :sick:

Tasted good but :grumble: I've been trying to find ground turkey but apparently they don't sell it in the grocery stores here.

My tastes have changed, grease didn't used to bug me that much but now it does.

Replies

• Falcon
    Options
    So I made the Spirals and meatballs for this week, and didn't get as many servings as I thought I was going to get. An extra half a cup of spirals would probably be enough.

Next time I plan on using extra lean ground beef, the lean ground beef stil had enough fat in it that I'm feeling kind off sick. :sick:

Tasted good but :grumble: I've been trying to find ground turkey but apparently they don't sell it in the grocery stores here.

My tastes have changed, grease didn't used to bug me that much but now it does.
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ah man! No ground turkey!?

I would cry. Seriously though, get you some LEAN LEAN LEAN ground beef. That should cut down on the grease. One other thing you could try is after the meat is done browning, set it on a plate with a paper towel underneath for a minute or two. The towel will soak up a TON of the unnecessary stuff!

Good luck and keep at it!
    -Ian
  • Falcon
    Options
    So far I've been to two different grocery stores and neither have ground turkey

so now I may try a few more chains but so far it's frustrating because I keep reading on how much better it is for you and I want to try it badly at the moment.

I'll think about the towel idea, maybe I'll do that instead.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    If you have a grocery store with a butcher in house, they will probably grind turkey for you.
  • Falcon
    Options
    If you have a grocery store with a butcher in house, they will probably grind turkey for you.

As far as I know, the major chains no longer have butchers in the house.

In my old town there were a couple of places you could go for things like that. but so far in the city I moved too, I haven't come across a place like that yet. Maybe it's time to do some yellow page research.