Protein bars for snack

Options
2»

Replies

• Kevww1982
    Options
    Quest bars are delicious, but twice as expensive and you must order them online.

These.... I ordered a sample pack they are awesome!!!
  • jessie_rose24
    Options
    Power Crunch in either Peanut Butter Fudge or White Choc PeanutButter
    200 Cal/12g Protein/5g Sugar

Either that or Lara Bars
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Atkins.
    Most have pretty high protein (and fiber) calorie wise depending the flavor they range from 140-220 I think. The ones I buy and eat are the carb control ones and they don't have any sugar really, 1-2g maybe (?) and even then it's the sugar alcohol. The ones I have had taste pretty good. I prefer the fruity/nutty kinds. DH likes the chocolate, peanut butter, caramel kinds.

edit, depending the flavors they range from about $5-$7 a box at Walmart and they are in the diet/nutrition aisle.
  • hockeymomofbensam
    Options
    I like Clif Bars as my protein snack choice.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Quick reference is Protein grams * 5 = is this bar worth eating?

Here are the two that I eat:

For example,
    a Clif builder bar has 20g of protein and 270 calories.
    That means about 100c, less than half, of the calories come from protein. The other 170 calories are fats, sugars, etc.
    It's 37% protein.

A Pure Protein s'mores bar has 19g of protein and 180 calories. So 95 calories from protein, 85 from fat, sugar, etc.
    Roughly 53% protein. A much better bang for your buck.
    --Think about it this way. NINETY less calories, and you only lose 1g of protein.

The Clif bars taste a heck of a lot better. Both have sugar. I believe Clif is mostly soy protein, while Pure Protein is mostly whey.

Pure Protein chocolate and smores are decent. The caramel surprise is ... nasty.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Pure protein are good, at least the peanut butter and chocolate chips...about 200 calories.
  • hockeymomofbensam
    Options
    @Wellbert - I agree, and thanks for the info, but for me it HAS to taste good too!
  • justcallmeOYK
    Options
    Pure Protein, for the reasons stated above (high protein, reasonable # of calories, low sugar, etc). I LOVE peanut butter, so I only buy the chocolate peanut butter ones. Depending on what I have for breakfast I MIGHT have one in between breakfast and lunch OR on my way home from work before dinner. It really helps, considering that I'm currently struggling in the protein area , and it breaks up the monotony of the protein shakes.
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Pure Protien bars taste great have 20g of protien and around 200 calories.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Quest is my new absolute favorite (but you have to order online)

Luna and Larabars are good.

I also like nugo slim and pure organic.
  • chefanie85
    Options
    I'm with Molly on this. My new favorites are definitely Quest bars.

http://www.questproteinbar.com/

Yes, you have to buy them online. But they ship super fast. Ordered on Thurs, received Saturday. :)

And the Chocolate Brownie bar is super tasty, especially warmed up. It's only 170 calories.

Hope that helps.
  • littlepint
    Options
    I use herbal life protein bar. That holds me over along with a low fat yogart.
  • littlepint
    Options
    I use herbal life protein bars. Can get different flavors and great tasting. I will eat a low fat yogart with it. Holds me until lunch.
  • littlepint
    Options
    I use herbal life protein bar. That holds me over along with a low fat yogart.
  • agottula
    agottula Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Peanut Marshmallow is really good!!