Kettleballs?

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Just curious if any of you have worked with a kettleball program before? I've been reading into them and they seem almost like a panacea of exercise. But then again I know what they say about things which seem too good to be true... :laugh:

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    Just curious if any of you have worked with a kettleball program before? I've been reading into them and they seem almost like a panacea of exercise. But then again I know what they say about things which seem too good to be true... :laugh:
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do CrossFit and we use kettlebells for a few exercises. I love them! I can't do the crazy one arm throw thingy though....
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Crossfit rocks! Kettlebells are kick a**!!
    Love it! And have seen results!
  • msarro
    Options
    Well, I picked up a 35lb kettlebell today. It was pricey, 80$ plus tax but it came with a dvd. Plus if all of the benefits I've seen proclaimed about them are true, it would completely replace needing a gym, so it should pay for itself in about 3 months. I'll keep everyone posted on how it works out.
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I work out every Wednesday with two other girls and a trainer. We do Crossfit type workouts and I absolutely love the kettlebell workouts. I had to get use to the snatches though... I walked around with bruises on my wrists for weeks! :laugh: I have seen a huge difference in my shoulders and my butt! It's still not where I want it to be but definitely more lifted. I watched videos online as well as had a trainers help. My advice is to take it slow.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Well, I picked up a 35lb kettlebell today. It was pricey, 80$ plus tax but it came with a dvd. Plus if all of the benefits I've seen proclaimed about them are true, it would completely replace needing a gym, so it should pay for itself in about 3 months. I'll keep everyone posted on how it works out.

first-

take it back...Sports Authority has the 35 lb kettleball for $63.00 with the dvd

second- quit doin the whacky tabacky before you go shopping (jk)

if you think one 35 lb kettle ball will completely replace needing a gym....I got a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell ya

seriously though-

I just did a 40 minute dumbbell workout using 6 different weigted dumbbells and while it was a good workout...it aint gonna replace a gym so one 35 lb kettleball will not either...no way

it may be useful but I would get some dumbbells of different weights (for speed and convenience) and work up to a kettle ball if you ever really want to

like anything else...there are no shortcuts
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Kettlebells are awesome!
    I couldn't walk for 3 days after my 1st workout with one. (and I wasn't just starting working out)
    I use it to supplement my other weights and cardio because I'm not sure what it counts as...it's very aerobic, but definitely weightlifting as well.
    Have fun! Hang on tight to the handle...they do tend to get slippery when you' are sweating....and I agree with a previous post...prepare for bruises! But it is a great workout!
    Enjoy!

Becky

Also, there are some great you tube workouts using kettlebells...some of it is insane...but the proof is in the pudding so to speak, they have amazing physiques