Crystal Light

Options
Probably a dumb question, but if I add Crystal Light to my water, does it count as water intake?

Replies

• MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I would say yes. I wouldn't count soda, coffee or tea.
  • silkii_locks
    Options
    Def yes. The crystal light "on the go" packs are only 5 calories per 16 oz bottle of water. However I find them to be very sweet so I usually use a lot more water. I would try using a 20 oz bottle or for just a hint of flavor use a liter size.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    That is the only non water I count as water, but I usually only have 16 oz a day.
  • M_Tyler05
    M_Tyler05 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I add crystal light, tea and coffee under my water intake...all of them have water in them so I feel they should be included. :)
  • I have a hard time getting myself to drink water because for college I moved to a different state and for whatever reason, I cannot stand the taste of the water here. I use a water filter in my dorm and still the taste of the water bothers me. Also, the bottled water that comes with my meal plan here on campus does not taste very good.

So, that being said, I heavily depend on drinking flavored water. I use Crystal Light, or various other brands of 'drinky droppies' (that's what I call the ready to go water bottle packets, hehe) to make water more appealing again, as well as to mask that awful taste ):
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yes you count everything whether it be water, coffee, tea, soda, etc. It all is based on H2O which is water (shocking I know). The belief that is not water is false and not based on science but on ignorance.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would also say yes. My simple reasoning is if I drank water and then ate the drop in separately (ick, I know). What is any different than putting it in together and drinking it. As far as other things, specifically soda, that just doesn't feel right to count it as water even though it might be. Aldi makes a fruit punch one that is sugar free yet it tastes like something like a Hawaiian Punch.
  • JDoc216
    JDoc216 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would definitely count towards water! Some of the powered drinks now even have vitamin c added! (totally light brand)

Recently I started adding fresh lemon to my water!