Help...going to the beach this friday with THE guy

Options
Aaahh! So yesturday the guy that I am practically inlove with asked me to go with him and a few other friends to the beach:glasses: this friday.:bigsmile: I said I would go but now I'm scared, because I don't want to look horrible in my bathing suit! Can anyone PLEASE give me some tips on what to do? Should I wear a certain color do more exercise??:sick:

I know he should like me for who I am, but c'mon I want to look as best as possible! PLease help me:sad:

Replies

• Marlene529
    Options
    Aaahh! So yesturday the guy that I am practically inlove with asked me to go with him and a few other friends to the beach:glasses: this friday.:bigsmile: I said I would go but now I'm scared, because I don't want to look horrible in my bathing suit! Can anyone PLEASE give me some tips on what to do? Should I wear a certain color do more exercise??:sick:

I know he should like me for who I am, but c'mon I want to look as best as possible! PLease help me:sad:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    black suit maybe some type of boy short style and get a nice sarong..u will be ok be confident that will make you glow...
  • mandyc1108
    mandyc1108 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your problem area is....if its your tummy, get something with a tummy panel in a one piece....if its your thighs, look for the boy short look. Go try on a few swimsuits and see what makes you look the best.

I always find dark colors make me look better....or at least feel less self concious. Don't be too obessed about it and have some fun.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    a nice sarong all the way. a bathing suit with a cute little skirt sometimes works, but remember, don't overdo it. the BEST accessory to bring to the beach is confidence.
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm sure if he's inviting you to the beach he already likes you just the way you are! But just between girls, different swim suit styles look good on different bodies- google it for advice. I'm pretty pair shaped so i know i definitely shouldn't wear triangle tops and that the string sides pinch my skin and make me look like i have rolls. there are open back tankinis that i think are flattering on almost everyone- they cover the front but show a lot of skin in back! Have fun!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Seriously go to Sears and buy a Lands End swimsuit. They are amazing, made with the best material and make you look great!!! They are pricey though but worth it totally!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    All the above advice is GREAT.

One crude point I'll make.... you are 18. Assuming he is near your age (or for heaven's sake, ANY age :laugh: ), if you show some cleavage, he won't be able to focus anywhere else. And from what I've seen of the bathing suits on the market, there is barely a suit available that DOESN'T show cleavage!

:tongue:

Go and be confident and smile a lot and have fun. Confidence exudes sexuality, in my opinion. Enjoy his company and let him enjoy your's. Not all men like twiggy girls anyhow... which is a hard concept to grasp, especially at 18. :flowerforyou:
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    Options
    Be careful about covering up too much. Sometimes when trying to find a covered bathing suit it shortens your torso and you end up looking bigger. If you don't have much rolls and you're just wide, you don't want to go looking like a grandma. I'm pear shaped and very bottom heavy so I buy larger bottoms so it doesn't squeeze my sides. It makes my body look longer and I feel more confident then I would if I was trying to cover up too much and he would know I'm not confident with my body. When I go somewhere I always buy a little cotton sundress that I wear over my swimsuit when we're not swimming if I start to feel uncomfortable.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

One crude point I'll make.... you are 18. Assuming he is near your age (or for heaven's sake, ANY age :laugh: ), if you show some cleavage, he won't be able to focus anywhere else. And from what I've seen of the bathing suits on the market, there is barely a suit available that DOESN'T show cleavage!

Go and be confident and smile a lot and have fun. Confidence exudes sexuality, in my opinion. Enjoy his company and let him enjoy your's. Not all men like twiggy girls anyhow... which is a hard concept to grasp, especially at 18. :flowerforyou:

:wink: This is what I was going to say!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

You know what they say about Great Minds, AWTY :wink:
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well a few people have suggested boy shorts...in my opinion boy shorts only look good on really tiny girls...it highlights your butt and hips which isn't usually what we are looking for. I would suggest a simple cut with a lot of chest support so the girls stay looking good! I also find that when my hair and make up looks good, I automatically feel better about everything else! Even on the beach! A cotton sun dress to wear over your suit will also allow you to get some sun and still look cute and beachy! Definately don't try to cover too much and don't get a granny swim suit!!!

I live on the beach and have lots of experience with swim suits!
  • Marlene529
    Options
    Thank you all soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I loved all the advice, and I'm not replying to anyone (i have to write like 3 essays for 2morrow) but i'm definently keeping it in mind when i go get my bathing suit!
    I love you guys soo much! Bye
  • Zara11
    Options
    If it goes well, tell us!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

would you tell your daughter the way to get a guy to not notice you are overweight is to show him some cleavage? what kind of message is that?

thats just wrong
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    relax its a bathing suit of course there is going to be cleavage its not like she said "sleep with him, then he'll like you for sure."
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    i would absolutely tell my daughter that its okay to highlight your best features...and if you're curvy that's usually your chest.

There's no reason to be ashamed of your body...confidence is sexy. No matter what.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    relax its a bathing suit of course there is going to be cleavage its not like she said "sleep with him, then he'll like you for sure."

that isnt really the point though is it?

this girl is still in highschool

telling her to show cleavage isnt the same assaying be confident in a bathing suit

this guy has seen that the OP isnt a swim suit model,,,,not many people are....she should just relax as
    much as possible...he isnt expecting her to be a model in three days

but to tell a highschool girl to intentionally show cleavage is wrong
  • Zara11
    Options
    Hmm. I was younger in college than she was in high school. So is it just the HS factor, or the age that bothers you?