Zumba Lovers

Options
Hi everyone. I am looking for Zumba lovers like myself to become friends with for motivation/support/stories, etc. I would love to hear some success stories from you as well.
Feel free to friend me!!

Replies

• twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I did not think I would ever like a classroom setting for exercising. But with Zumba I do. Did it last spring with a group of girls and had a blast. I could not make it over the summer and the group no longer meets. I bought the tapes and they are just not as much fun a the classroom setting. I would love to go to another one but there is not one close by at this time that I can make it to. Good luck with your Zumba!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am not big into exercise classes as well but Zumba feels more like dancing and a party!! I have the DVDs as well as yes, not as much fun alone!!! I live in Rochester NY and there are several Zumba classes around but most are quite costly per class or you have to be a member of the club in order to take the class. Hopefully we will see more Zumba in our Cities!! Check out Zumba.com if you haven't to find classes as well!! Maybe a new one has been added.
  • bonthomas85
    Options
    hey!! i've just started doing the zumba on the wii at home and love it! :) not braved a class yet!! bon xx
  • jesloz04
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories are burned after an hour of Zumba? Trying to add this to my food diary and it won't give me a number.
    Thanks!:happy:
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    They say you can burn up to 1,000 calories an hour. Now I don't know how true that is. I would like to buy something to wear that I can check total calories burned.
    I looked up Zumba on this site and use that as my base. I just don't really know how accurate it is.....
  • yp77
    yp77 Posts: 25
    Options
    I just did my first aqua Zumba class yesterday and loved it, I am going to a zumba and another aqua zumba at another gym monday to see which of both I like

I loved it soo far :)
  • w292737
    Options
    Oh I LOVE zumba!!!

re adding it to the tracker, I call it aerobics.
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love zumba!!! i dont think ive ever sweat so much in my life
  • yp77
    yp77 Posts: 25
    Options
    im going to wear my heart rate monitor Monday to see how many calories I burn off
    I cant wait :)

feel free to add me too peeps, Im still newish here :) TY x
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! Do at least 3 classes a week at my gym :)
  • clark4437
    clark4437 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i googled this and found a website that tells you how much you burn - unfortunately this is on my pc at work, so can look on Monday and advise if you don't find anything
  • rainbowbuggy
    Options
    I want to try it but I have no rhythm!
  • AlixClockHeart
    AlixClockHeart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    There is a calculator you can google and it let you selects the intensity of the workout too. I feel like it estimates high though.
  • BLSBoyer
    BLSBoyer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you want to calculate zumba calories try zumbacalories.com. I compared it to my heart rate monitor and it was pretty close. I love zumba, but I do mine at home on the wii.

17816880.png
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I Love zumba! been doing it on the ps3 for a few weeks but have been to classes and this past week i even did it by watching youtube!
  • jeka7654
    jeka7654 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love zumba - doesn't even feel like working out!
  • clark4437
    Options
    i love zumba, have been doing it for over a year when I join rosemary conley diet & fitness class. Also have it on the wii and bought the dvd's recently. I now zumba exercise at home 2/3 times a week and get together with a couple of my sisters for wii exercise twice weekly, sometimes we do the dvd
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i love zumba! i do 5 classes a week but only burn 3-400 calories for each class, still great fun tho :-)
  • MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories are burned after an hour of Zumba? Trying to add this to my food diary and it won't give me a number.
    Thanks!:happy:

You can go to zumbacalories.com & it will give you a guesstimate of how much you burn & at what intensity.
  • clark4437
    Options
    it doesn't matter, you can do your own thing if you can't quite get it - it's all about the fun you have trying ;)