Baby Belly

Options
Does anyone have a good exercise to get rid of the baby belly? I have been doing sit ups but I don't think they are working to well. I have heard that Turbo Jam helps but just wanted to check and see.

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    Does anyone have a good exercise to get rid of the baby belly? I have been doing sit ups but I don't think they are working to well. I have heard that Turbo Jam helps but just wanted to check and see.
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat... I need some words of wisdom too!
  • babygirl
    babygirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Walk on the treadmill at least 4 times per week and you will see a bit difference.
  • whendee05
    Options
    if you get turbo jam i would love to know if you like it! i saw it on tv and it looks fun but........
  • babygirl
    babygirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Walk on the treadmill at least 4 times per week and you will see a big difference.
  • Kaelyn
    Kaelyn Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat!
    I read somewhere that you need to strengthen your back as well, otherwise all the situps/crunches you do won't make a difference.
  • tooshie74
    Options
    You can do reverse crunches by placing a stabilization ball bewtween your knees/thigh area while lying on back. Pull ball up toward your chest as far as you can, then rinse and repeat:smile:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is fun... I did it with my sister and I was pretty sore so go slow if you do get it. You can probably test it through NetFlix if you have that option...

Angela :flowerforyou:
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    Kinda depends on what kind of "baby belly" you have.....if it's the c-section pooch, your probably stuck with it! (sorry for the bad news....2 c-sections left me with a belly that I HATE, and no matter how much weight I lose, it's still there!) If it's the "stretched out" kind, exercises that target the "core" muscles will help bring it back. An easy one to start with is sitting on a stability ball while watching TV or talking on the phone....rock back and forth a little and you trigger the muscles without stressing them too much....this was recommended by my physical therapist after I had major back surgery.

If you are beyond the fragile stage, Pilates and Yoga are great for the belly.
  • grlygrl
    Options
    The single best ab exercixe I have ever done is the yoga position plank or half plank. It basically is similar to a push up, but you stay in the "up" position, keeping abs tight, back straight, (not butt in the air!) using your core for strength. Hold the pose for thirty seconds, the rest for thirthy seconds and repeat three times. You'll definately feel it, :grumble: but it works!!:happy:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Plancs are an excellent core exercise, as grlygrl said the only edit I would give to the planc described above is instead of push up position, rest your body on your elbows, it allows for more core work and less upper body work. some others are as follows:

1) medicine ball transfer. kneel on your heels and put a ball to one side, using both hands and twisting, carry the ball around your front and place it as far behind you as you can on the other side. And spin back empty handed and grab the ball and repeat. After about 4 or 5 minutes, reverse direction.

2) reverse crunches

3) if you have a chinup bar - hang from the bar and pull your knees up to 90 degrees infront of you. Hold for about 5 seconds (or as long as you can), release, and repeat. Once this becomes easy you can do the same motion but with a twisting action to the knees to one side or the other.

4) Advanced plancs. Assume the planc or 1/2 planc position, extend one arm straight out palm down and at the same time extend the opposite leg straight back pointing the toe back. More difficult, but it targets one side of the abdominal muscle.

5) side planc. lay on your side with your upper body weight on your elbow facing perpendicular to your body. Using only core muscles lift your hip off the ground to make a straight line of your torso. Hold it for 30 seconds, rest for 10 seconds and repeat for 5 minutes.

If you do all of these exersises, they shouldn't take more then 30 minutes and should work all of your core muscles.
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice!! It is appreciated!:flowerforyou: :smile: