Upcoming 5K walk/run in Long Island!

Options
hello everyone! Many of you participate in marathons, 5k's etc. You may be aware of those big events but there is a family run 5k walk/run May 20' 2012 in Babylon, New York. If you would like more information let me know and i will post it.

On a side note: I am so glad to be apart of this community. For 20 days now i feel so much better about myself and i am way more active and motivated! THANK YOU!

Replies

• Tami113
    Tami113 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i am going to try this one more time to see if anyone is interested. it quickly got pushed to the bottom of the page which is fine since there have been many interesting topics the last day or so.
    I hope everyone if doing well with their exercise! i have been way more active because of MFP and i am so appreciative of the support and encouragement.
    between cardio and strength training i have been doing i feel so much more energized and rarely sit on my butt and watch movies (i don't have cable) Thanks MFP!
  • newday332
    newday332 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi, more info please.
  • Tami113
    Options
    it will be held on May 20, 2012 in Babylon New York. It is a 5k run/walk and all are invited. i can continue to post more information as it gets posted on the website www.chipsarmy.com. i don't think they updated it yet. it is called Chip's Army 1st Annual 5k Walk/Run and you can also visit the group Chip's Army on facebook. I think the registration fee is maybe $25 (that hasn't been posted yet) and it will most likely include a t-shirt. Babylon is a beautiful town right on the water by the way.
  • Tami113
    Options
    @newday332 if you know of anyone else on long island pass the news along! thanks for your interest. i think this would be a great opportunity for those of us that can't do full marathons. 3.1 miles is a lot easier than 27 ;-)