Show us your vision! Vision posters, books, boards and journ

I'm currently working on a vision book where I can collect motivational quotes, inspirational pictures, photos, articles, and clippings from magazines. It will have images of the clothes I'll where, the people with the body type I hope to someday have, and song lyrics or quotes that motivate me. It's also going to serve as my weight loss journal. I'll be tracking my weight and inches here, listing my various goals, and writing each day's little success (like drinking x many glasses of water or going a few more minutes on the treadmill). I know some people have vision boards or posters too. I just want to have something visual to look at when I'm having a rough day and need a boost of motivation.

Does anyone else do this? I'd love to see examples of your vision boards or posters or hear if journaling has helped others? Thanks! :)

Replies

• skydiamonds67
    skydiamonds67 Posts: 49 Member
    Bump :)
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    What a great idea! I will give some thought to it, and get back to you if I can come up with any inspirational quotes! I did once hear from someone who used vases and colored beads as a visual aid. She said to get two clear, see-through vases, and different colored beads (one color to represent one pound, another color to represent five pounds, for example). Fill one vase with your current weight, counted in the colored beads. As you lose weight, transfer the beads representing weight lost to the 2nd vase. then, you can SEE the progress you are making each week!
  • skydiamonds67
    I've seen those jars! They are very cool and cute. Anyone use motivation marbles or vision boards?
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    I have a fitness motivation page on Facebook that is my vision board - you can "like" me if you want!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Perfect-Fit/210745002332718?ref=tn_tnmn

I post daily motivation, pics, advice, and articles - plus you will find so many people doing the same through my page! I have gotten so much out of the support on there!

I also have a pinterest, if you want to message me privately I will share it with you!
  • skydiamonds67
    Thanks for sharing your page! I just liked it. :) So maybe Facebook and Pinterest are the new vision boards? I guess the whole idea of vision boards is a little artsy-crafty or scrapbook-y, but I am a creative person and I also think the whole process of making one is therapeutic. I also have always kept journals.

So am I out-of-date? Does every one use Facebook or Pinterest for their visual motivation?