Snacks/Lunch

Options
I'm having a major problem in the afternoon. I leave for class at 8:00 am and don't get home until about 2:30 or 3:00 pm and I'm STARVING. Then I have to drive past 500 fast food restaurants on my way home! I need ideas for food I can take with me to school and eat while I'm there. Something that doesn't have to be heated to eat. I really want something more than just a snack, but more of a meal. Something that will keep me full until dinner. Any ideas will be appreciated (except seafood, that will cause a whole other problem including an emergency room)

Replies

• mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Maybe a soup/stew that you can keep in a thermos?
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, veggies and hummus, lunchables (crackers, cheese, meat), salad (or just a big bag of salad veggies), nuts, peanut butter/other nut butters and fruit.

Those are the ones coming off the top of my head.
  • angbak60
    angbak60 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter (I prefer crunchy) on flat round bread (multigrain) with a smidgen of honey along with an apple helps me. I also try to keep almonds on hand. This will help to hold you over till dinner hopefully.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Im a big fan of granola bars or zone bars, a bag of crackers, idk what kinda diet u r on but if u can have carbs those r great in my opinion
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I would not be able to live w/o carbs but I get really sick of granola bars quickly which is how I ran into this problem :cry: I will definitely try some peanut butter and maybe a banana or a salad...Now that you guys got me started I am thinking of some good ideas too!