I have it bad for sweets!

Options
Hey loves,
I have a weakness for chocolate, sweets (candy & cookies), and soda (diet).
They're all bad for me. I want to give up soda completely but can't.
I want to have sweets & chocolate occasionally. Like many a small piece a day when I crave it.
What can I do?
Any answer is appreciated.
You're welcomed to add me too :)

Replies

• bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth too - a bad one. My best three tips are
    1.) As for soda, try try try to switch to sparkling water with a little natural flavor. The sugar in soda is terrible and the artificial sweeteners are just as bad.
    2.) Keep a little chocolate. Let yourself have a dove dark chocolate or two, whatever. It's okay to have some as long as you count the calories. You're more than welcome to have all of your calories from chocolate, but you'll notice soon that you'll hate that.
    3.) Fruit!!! I love love love fruit. It's such a low calorie food and it is just as sweet as I need. Melon - cantaloupe, watermelon, whatever - you can have about as much as you can handle for a relatively low amount of calories. Yes, it's still sugar, but it's completely unprocessed and it's a way better way to get your fix.

Good luck!
  • BigJohn82
    BigJohn82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You probably will hate my reply, but here goes.

Just stop eating it. Go a few weeks without it and you wont miss it. Fruits will then be like candy.
    Sodas? Learn to love water.

If you are like me, you cant have "just one" and I must stay away as best I can, and do my best even on my cheat meal to stay away.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Just stop eating it. Go a few weeks without it and you wont miss it. Fruits will then be like candy.

If you are like me, you cant have "just one" and I must stay away as best I can, and do my best even on my cheat meal to stay away.

this
  • katsmit2
    Options
    GIRL - cheerios has some new flavors chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel...try those. They are only like 100 calories for 3/4cup and are great - especially when you mix them together! I LOVE the caramel ones - those and 1/2 cup 1% milk and you're only at 155 calories! and it really works to satisfy that sweet craving! I really like cereal too, so it is a win/win!
  • radiantlybelle
    Options
    thank you guys so much! i'm gonna cut them out completely! especially soda. i've had sparkling water and i LOVE IT! :)
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Im with you.... i am actually baking brownies as we speak. Its very hard. I like the sugarfree pudding.....fruit works great. I love mixing strawberries and blueberries with a tablespoon of lite whipped cream.... yum. There are good sweet on skinny taste.com
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options

that's the way to go!
    i had a really big sweet tooth too - i've been starting my mornings off with protein shakes which tend to taste sweet, and that now fulfills the craving in a much more nutritious, planned, controlled way.
  • sselstead
    Options
    I do as well and I agree, cut out the soda and seek healthier options like fruit. I do that and i feel better then when i eat chocolate but when I absolutely have to have my chocolate fix, I get organic dark dark chocolate flavored cause the dark chocolate has a lot of antioxidents and is actually a flat belly food. but just watch the portion like with anything else. good luck.
  • lplsnt
    Options
    I read somewhere if you refrain from eating or drinking something for two weeks you untrain your brain from 'needing' that item. So, I put it to the test with my Pepsi & my 'need' for sweets habit. I didn't drink a single Pepsi for two weeks...it was hard at first but it helped me so much, that now I can have a Pepsi around every couple of months vs everyday. Plus when I want one, it's usually while I'm at work so I climb up 14 flights of steps and back down those 14 flights to earn it!
    That in itself really curbs my 'need' for a Pepsi...lol Plus one 20 oz Pepsi is 250 calories!! Then I did the same thing for my love of sweets. That was a harder hill to climb but I never deny myself. I always use portion control that way I can still enjoy an occasional dessert.
    Also I learned to like dark chocolate, less sugar and calories plus more antioxidants...plus the flavor is so rich I eat less. I also refrigerate my candy or chocolate, makes them chewy and takes longer to eat them...tricks your mind to thinking you ate more than you did cause it takes twice as long to eat a piece. Most of all DO NOT DENY YOURSELF, treat yourself every once in a while for goals you achieve. Hope with all the tips everyone shares with you that you find some that work for you. Good luck!!
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also real big on sweets. Frosting was my thing for a long time! My husband bought some hershey kisses when they were on clearance after Christmas. I allow myself 2-5 of them almost every day. They are 22 calories each. The hard part is limiting yourself to just a few, but I got used to it.