Portion sizes?

Options
Just wondering how to track portion sizes?. Any tips ?

food weighing machines?,serving cups? which ones are good ?

Replies

• caitaco
    caitaco Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Meauring makes a HUGE difference! A kitchen scale is a really great idea, because sometimes you can't meaure in a measuring cup. Obviously a measuring cup is great for liquids (milk, wine, juice) but a scale is good for things like veggies, fruits, nuts, etc. Also I use a measuring spoon when eating things like peanut butter, butter, or olive oil. Meat is harder to measure because I'm not sure if you're supposed to measure it cooked or uncooked, but the rule of thumb is that a 4 ounce serving is going to be the size of a deck of cards. Also, prepackaged food can be helpful -- 100 calorie packs for example, and buying cheese that has been pre-sliced makes it easier to measure. Also, if I'm unsure, I estimate UP so that I'm tracking food items are more calories, so I don't go overboard by accident. It can kind of be a pain to measure everything, but I'm convinced that portion control is key. When we go to restaurants we get way more food, so it's confusing. Also, to help with portion sizes, it's good to eat on a salad plate, not a big huge plate (not that I always do this though, ha). Good luck!