Back Pain 30DS

Options
I'm on day 9 of the 30DS and am having problems with pain in the middle of my back. I'm fairly active and have never had problems with back pain when exercising before, but I couldn't actually finish my workout today because I had such sharp pain in the middle of my back that occurred whenever I did any jumping up and down movement (like jumping jacks/jump rope). Has anyone else had these problems? I figure I'll take a break from exercises that require jumping or stressing my back for a few days and see how it goes from there. Anybody else have similar problems or can offer suggestions?

Replies

• aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump...im having this same issue....anyone know why or what i can do? dont want to have to stop working out.
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Interesting! Are you doing your squats and lunges correctly (with and without weights)? Only reason why I ask is, I've had back pain from kettlebells and it was down to incorrect posture.

Only other thing I can think of is, if it's not down to the above, you may have a trapped nerve?
  • Dino924
    Dino924 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of Level 2 and have no problems, I was semi active before, but did do weight bearing back exercises.

Maybe your form isn't good with with the planks or squats and you're putting stress on your back. Check the girls in the video's body position or look online and see if you're maintaining that in the exercises.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not doing your workout on a hard floor in bare feet the only other reason I could think of would possibly be bad form in your movements...
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing shoes? Would you consider yourself to have weak abs?

I'd do a modified low impact version if it is causing any pain.
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    Find a good chiropractor
  • aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm wearing shoes. I didn't think my form was bad but I guess it could be.