Options

Replies

• jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    oh yea...egg whites instead of whole eggs...taste the same
  • enginerd81
    Options
    I just peeked at your food diary and it looks like you are eating lots of pasta, which doesn't keep you full for long, so you may want to reduce the pasta and increase your protein and fiber intake (including veggies).

I was shocked the first time I went to eat a "serving" of pasta. 200 calories for 2/3 cup..... I remember eating 3-4 times that amount before i started tracking.
  • abradley114
    abradley114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The best idea is having a lot of protein and drink TONS of water i mean every time u feel like u are getting hungry drink a bottle of water and wait to see if you still are then have a few almonds. Good luck
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    high fiber high protein. protein protein protein. it fills you up. i use protein in water in between meals. usually 1/3 to 1/2 scoop. just about enough to flavor the water. that helps with staying full. water only helps too, but not as much at protein and water do. i try to if possible eat back my exercise calories. you can add me as friend. i am on 1300 day and before that was 1200. my diary is viewable.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i can't... so i work out :)

Ditto

^^^^this
  • jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    also...make friends and look at their diaries. i picked up a lot of good ideas that way.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    just peeked at your diary and it looks like your biggest calorie consumption was 3 tbsp of olive oil - consider switching to cooking spray?
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I plan my day the night before and pre pack my work lunch
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    HI, my goal is also between 1200 and 1300 cals per day... fruit and 100 cal snacks have been my savior.. I have to plan very carefully. I try to do 300 cals for Breakfast, 400 for lunch and 500 for dinner.... I am a walker also so I usually earn about 100 to 200 extra per day.. so I can have fruit and or a 100 cal snack as a treat. It takes a lot of time and a lot of planning, but you can do it. The Tyson prepared grilled diced chicken or chicken strips, starkist tuna salad packets and the 100 sandwich thins are good 200 cal lunch ideas.... I hope that helps... and if you ever want to chat or exchange thoughts... feel free to add or email me. :smile:
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    protein and water
  • SC2003
    Options
    i can't... so i work out :)

Ditto

Same here... I figure out what I want to eat and then how long it need to work out to "afford" it!
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Portion, portion and PORTION! You don't have to deprive yourself of everything, remember that. Just make sure you portion what you do eat and you'll have no trouble staying under your calorie goal. : ) (Now, that's not to say that you should toss healthy eating out the window, of course!) ; )
  • onek9lover
    Options
    Carbs might seem like they fill you up, but in fact because they raise and drop your sugar you are hungry again about two hours later. Sometimes even starving... Switch to low carb, it helps the hunger go away so much after a couple of days of doing it.

I also make a big jug of crysal light and carry it around with me at night so I'm not craving something sweet.
  • kcourty13
    Options
    I highly reccomend having an egg with an egg white and i cook it with a cup of spinach.

As others have said popcorn. You can actually buy just the kernels and put them in a paper bad and cook them right in the microwave. i've recently found that meijer's has a 0 cal butter spray along with 0 cal flavor such as ranch, white cheddar, nacho, etc. 1 serving is 110 calories and makes 4 1/2 - 5 cups popped!

I'd reccomend also instant oatmeal. 150 cal for 1/2 cup dry and you can add a little almond milk for flavor!

If you need a new way to eat veggies I steam anything from carrots, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. add a little salt or even better mrs. dash and you are all set.

I love bread but not the calories that come with it so I buy healthy life bread. It's 35 cal a slice, and low in carbs, but still high in fiber.

I love edemane and mix 1/2 cup with 2 cups frozen spinach. When I put them together I still have the flavor of edemane that satisfies me, but it keeps it lower in calories.

Sugar free jello is always a great snack for me also.

Theres a few things that have been working great for me! Good Luck!
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I surprised no one mentioned SEAFOOD (besides the tuna packets). Fruits, veggies, and lots and lots of fish/crab/shrimp etc...And exercise.
  • thank you so much for all your help.. i try to incorporate excercise as much as i can atleast 3x a week...

I will def lower my intake of pasta.. i wass sooo shocked at the amount of cals and carbs there was in pasta...

Add me for support
    Toodlessss
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I snack on pickles and salted lemons for loads of flavor low calories.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself (I have not looked at your diary). If you're hungry, eat. You don't want to end up on a binge. People have given you some great tips here. Work out to earn more calories (I eat 1600-1800 on days when I work out - or at least I try to) Eat fewer processed foods. It's OK to have some fat. That combined with protein (eggs, for example) will help keep you full. Whole grains, veggies, fruits... Try Greek yogurt w/ fresh fruit. Full of protein, and if you use berries, it's full of fiber too. Oatmeal is also great with fresh fruit.

I believe my diary is public, but here are examples of little meals I eat (and I choose to eat smaller meals, but you can do whatever keeps you satisfied):

2 whole eggs + 1 egg white and a whole wheat sandwich thin and 1 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge.

can of tuna (in water), condiment of your choice, if any (I like real mayo, so I use 1 TBSP), chopped veggies, whatever you like in a tuna salad. Layer some fresh spinach on a FlatOut wrap, put the tuna salad on top, and there you go!

0% Greek yogurt w/ raspberries (I use 1 cup of yogurt and 3/4-1 cup raspberries)

I hope some of these suggestions from people have helped!
  • maddie809
    Options
    I have to work out to earn extra points. Otherwise its difficult for me to stay within my calories. Also, try a find a lower calorie substitute. I went for 1% milt to skim. Fruit & veggies are ok but they are just not filling enough for me.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Look at your meals everyday. See what "cost" you the most and try less expensive alternatives. If you do this everyday before long you will have a lot of great meals to rotate through. I drink LOTS of water and try never to go more than 3 hours without eating because that's when get hungry. You might want to keep a diary to see what you have eaten and when that doesn't satisfy your hunger. Simple carbs are usual culprits (pasta, white rice, white bread etc) . Try foods that have higher nutritional density. (The more colorful a food, the more likely it is to be nutrition dense. like blue berries)