how do u have ur whey protien??? i literally gag! help!

Options
Whey protien makes me gag literally...how to avoid the chocolate flavor is fine I think its the whey & texture ...any suggestions? thanks in advance =)

Replies

• Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    put it in the belnder with some ice it taste more like a smoothie and the texture is better too
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Check my diary....I very rarely taste the Whey. I first started with chocolate and now I use unflavoured. :))
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Get one of those shaker cups to mix it. They have a flip top and a metal mixer ball inside. Shake very very well. Like maybe even 30 seconds.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Whey protien makes me gag literally...how to avoid the chocolate flavor is fine I think its the whey & texture ...any suggestions?

Don't take it. Consume something else that provides adequate protein.
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Try adding 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/2 a banana or 1/4 avocado - they tend to make things creamier :)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I usually manage to get plenty of protein without using whey protein. However, when I do use it, I agree with the blender and ice. I also add frozen fruit.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with 1 cup greek yogurt and a little sugar. You can also mix in some fruit. Not all protein is created equal in taste. Check the reviews on bodybuilding.com. They have taste reviews on most of their whey supplements.

I'm a huge fan of ISO 100 Gourmet Vanilla Hydrolyzed Whey. Mixed with the yogurt and 2 packets of sugar, it tastes like vanilla pudding.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Nowhere is it written you have to take whey. It's just the protein in the liquid part of the milk that is strained off of cottage cheese. You can drink milk and think of it as being as virtuous as if you had cottage cheese and whey with it.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    What brand did you choose? I've had very good luck with SuperPro cookies-n-creme flavor and most recently bb.com store brand chocolate. They both mix well and are pretty damn good flavor-wise.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Buy decent whey!

I love ON Gold standard Vanilla Ice Cream!
    Tastes good in water, milk, almond milk or any shake I put it in!
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I use 3/4 c. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 c. Greek yogurt , 1-2 bananas and Ice in a blender. I will add other stuff depending what sounds good but use this as the general base recipe. I've also been adding 2c of fresh baby spinach OR 1 cup of collard greens. Can't taste the greens or the protein!

My fav is 2tbs peanut butter and switch to chocolate protein powder.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Whey protien makes me gag literally...how to avoid the chocolate flavor is fine I think its the whey & texture ...any suggestions?

Don't take it. Consume something else that provides adequate protein.

Oh you! Must you always be logical? Show off. ;-)
  • risajanes
    risajanes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I take 1 scoop of chocolate whey and mix in a blender with 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter, 1/4 cup of oats and half of a banana, it's fantastic! When I have vanilla i mix it with a scoop of frozen yogurt, and i put different kinds of frozen fruit in it and it tastes just like a smoothie, my favorite is peach. So good!
  • darylinny
    Options
    1 large banana, 12 cubes of frozen mango, 1 cup of almond milk, 6 cubes of ice, 3 scoops of strawberry flavored AMP protein. This makes three servings. Blend until smooth, place 8oz in individual tupperware, then put it in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours (or longer). Eat the end result like ice cream! Yummy!!! You can try to use some vanilla extract (or some other flavor if you prefer) too if the smell is still there.
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    ice, skim milk, vanilla whey - blend

= YUM!!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I put a teaspoon of sugar free pudding mix in mine, add ice and blend well. It makes it taste so much better! I've also added a 1/4 cup of black coffee and a 1/4 teaspoon of caramel extract in chocolate flavored whey - makes it taste like a caramel frapp.
  • kilojoule
    Options
    i put mine in my coffee...works for me :shrug:
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Whey protien makes me gag literally...how to avoid the chocolate flavor is fine I think its the whey & texture ...any suggestions? thanks in advance =)

Not all whey is created equal. Some are yummy, while others are terrible. There is a lot of variability in taste and texture depending on brand.
  • christelskinnyK
    Options
    I put a tspn of sugar free frrench vanilla pudding mix in mine with a tspn of sugar free butterscotch pudding mix also. You would be amazed what it does for the flavor and you are getting no sugar at all. You can throw a Tbsp of reduced fat Peanut Butter in and make it taste like a butter finger. I do these shakes twice a day. I agree. You have to tweek em some how.
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I use the fruit punch flavored whey protein shot by body fortress. It's liquid and I add it to 64oz of water. It tastes terrible to drink it alone or in just a little bit of water but its ok (after you get used to it) in a lot of water. I usually add it to my thermos at the start of my work day and have finished it by the end. Great protein supplement at 120 calories and 26g of protein with zero sugar.