Period weight gain!

Options
I know this is a weird topic, but I have lost a total of 5 pounds, but I will start in about a week and a half and I have gained some of it back.... Anybody else have this problem??? Is there anything else I can do about this???? Help plz!!!
:grumble:

Replies

• annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    totally possible. Happens to me almost every month- may be made worse because I crave salt pre- aunt flo's arrival!
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    drink tons of water especially during this time- it really helps
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I had that last week - gained 4 pounds in 2 days. Lost 3 by weigh-in day. And that was without overeating (I don't get cravings). Just brush it off and look forward to the week after :)
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You might as well document how much you go up and down each month, so you don't get worried you're losing ground. It's all fluid, and it doesn't count.

Now, if you don't want to get bloated (it can make your breasts uncomfortable or make your cramps worse), then cut way back on sodium and only drink the amount of fluids you would the rest of the month, starting a week before it's due. You'll know it's working because your breasts won't be as swollen and your stomach won't get as fat.
  • harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's horrible. I'm dealing with it now. The weight gain is all in my stomach and it makes me look pregnant! I know it will go away, but still. Then my fingers are so swollen that they hurt. I'll have to try limiting my sodium intake. Maybe that will help!
  • slo02ee
    Options
    like other people said, chart your weight and period for a couple months, you should notice a pattern. everyone is different. it will help keep your sanity as the scale moves. I only lose 2-3 weeks a month max thanks to mr. TOM :(
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Menstrual Calendar app and recording my weight changes in there - 4 pounds difference - grrrr!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Y'all will be happy to know that milk chocolate candy is a very low sodium food. :wink:
  • twilighttabby
    twilighttabby Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes... It happens to me every month. I always gain around 3lbs but I lose it as soon as I stop. All it is,is water weight.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    There have been a lot of threads about this in the past that may be of help to you. Above the thread, you will see >Home >Recent Posts >My Topics >Settings >Search. Click "search." Search the term "TOM" and you'll find loads of answers.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I find that taking in extra water definitely offsets it a little but I crave chocolate right before
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am going through this this week! Gained 1 pound!!
  • challengeaccepted
    Options
    Pffft. Tell me about it. I've been weighing myself everyday this whole week (for science) and this morning I was at 178 (like the other days this week) I didn't eat at all today so that my weight wouldn't go up. (I had a Dr's. appointment at 3:45pm. And wanted to stay at 178 so she could see I had lost almost 5lbs since last time. I weighted myself at around 2:40 when I got out of the shower and was still at 178. Well, Aunt flo decided to show up around 3:20 when I went to the bathroom before I left my house.

Once I was weighed at the office I came in at 182.6lbs. FML. in conclusion my weight does go up significantly during shark week.
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    Yes I gain anywhere from 3-5 not by eating more, but then the week after its gone. So i just keep doing what I am doing and don't weigh in that week.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    yes! when I'm on my period, I never lose, I stay the same or gain a couple pounds.
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Dealing with the same thing right now! 7.5 pound weight gain, but goes away right after I'm done! the heighest weight gain during TOM for me has been 10 pounds! I looked pregnant!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I generally gain between 5-8 pounds. hate it.
  • Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks Girls!!!!! Appreciate the feed back!!!! I hate feeling like Im gaining the weight!!!! Im glad to know Im not alone!!!! I try to keep my sodium down, but its my down fall! I also have bladder and kidney problems, so water retention sucks. But I hate looking like Im pregnant!!!!! What App are yall talking about using to track your period??
  • Uglyduckling2swan
    Options
    I use period tracker on my android phone.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yep, same with me. I also get super bloated which makes me mad since I don't have a scale and rely on the mirror. So when I wake up and I look like I suddenly have a beer belly (I have named him George), it's a bad day, lol.