Triumph!

Options
I had a retreat this weekend with some friends out on a beautiful ranch in the Texas hill country. It was an overnight, Sunday to Monday. Sunday is usually my "day of rest" when it comes to this new lifestyle; I don't count calories or worry about a workout. I knew we were going to have lots of junk food and sweets and sodas, etc. We had grilled burgers and hot dogs Sunday night and I had no desire for the bun, I barely ate any of the junk food and sweets and the Diet Coke wasn't what I wanted to drink so I had water! I love this feeling that I want to eat better whether I have allowed myself the junk or not. It's so great to know that this is all paying off and that it's not just a quick fix! I am actually finding myself enjoying it rather than just getting through! Thanks for all of the help! I couldn't have done it without all of the amazing words of wisdom and encouragement that I get on MFP! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• jesusgrl14
    Options
    I had a retreat this weekend with some friends out on a beautiful ranch in the Texas hill country. It was an overnight, Sunday to Monday. Sunday is usually my "day of rest" when it comes to this new lifestyle; I don't count calories or worry about a workout. I knew we were going to have lots of junk food and sweets and sodas, etc. We had grilled burgers and hot dogs Sunday night and I had no desire for the bun, I barely ate any of the junk food and sweets and the Diet Coke wasn't what I wanted to drink so I had water! I love this feeling that I want to eat better whether I have allowed myself the junk or not. It's so great to know that this is all paying off and that it's not just a quick fix! I am actually finding myself enjoying it rather than just getting through! Thanks for all of the help! I couldn't have done it without all of the amazing words of wisdom and encouragement that I get on MFP! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That is great! I remember the first time I realized that I was no longer obsessing about food. That just intuitivly knowing what was good for me was happening and that those were the things I wanted to put in my body. Congratulations!