No carbs after ???

Options

Replies

• niicolemariies
    niicolemariies Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't eat carbs between 11:43 AM and 11:44 AM. Other than that its fair game.

This made me lmao! haha! Love it!
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    I am so sick of celebrities saying they don't eat carbs after a certain time. No wonder everyone tries it.
  • mochomito
    mochomito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them after bedtime. Don't want to choke in my sleep.

LOL - that's funny.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Generally I tend to believe in not eating "big" meals late and if you do have an odd schedule, make sure to try to squeeze in that protein shake/meal a few hours before going to sleep to allow it to digest.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Outside of preference such as how it effects your sleep, it makes no damn difference AT ALL.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs in my sleep :P
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! puts my head at ease!! Though I kinda knew that already, I needed reassurance, I always feel guilty about eating carbs late ...stupid media!! lol
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Everyone is different. Do what you feel is what you need. I eat carbs whenever I want. Body keeps working even when your asleep. Calories in and calories out.
    Everyone is not different. Calories in vs calories out. It doesn't matter when you eat carbs. This really needs to die.

Everyone is different in what they believe and a lot believe in the myths!
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    What are quinoa potatoes?
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever I want, if I'm hungry! I also work night shift, so silly rules like "no eating after 8pm" are just dumb.
  • scthomas01
    scthomas01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    lol!
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,935 Member
    Options
    "No carbs after ... " is a sneaky way to save us from the deadly sins of alcohol and dessert.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

^^ This! Hahaha
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    It's all nonsense. Unless you're fasting for more than a couple of days, meal timing is irrelevant.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream about 20 minutes before I go to bed, after midnight.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream about 20 minutes before I go to bed, after midnight.

Just don't panic when you wake up with chest pain from the reflux.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I dont eat carbs but sometimes i will eat strawberries and blackberries and apples but only I Jillian says i can and gives me an exact time like yesterday she said i could at 6:42 pm. Lol
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :laugh: . Some of the comments are hilarious. I'll add my two cents. I just finished an hour of Taebo. I had a half cup of kefir for protein and a handful of Whoppers for carbs ....... Hey, don't judge me! :tongue:
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    Just had a bag of popcorn. I'll probably gain all the weight I lost now.
  • Mdormond123
    Options
    Hi,

So nutritionist here. It actually does matter when you eat carbs in the day. When you eat carbs your body releases insulin to help cells take up the glucose you just ingested. During the day this is fine, because your cells take up glucose and use it for energy thus avoiding packing it as fat. At night however, you're sedentary and the carbs you eat get stored as fats in your body. Insulin release also hinders the release of other hormones, such as growth factor, which help your body metabolize. You actually burn most of your calories at night while sleeping (other than during a workout) due to the release of these hormones. Insulin release inhibits these hormones and you end up storing extra glucose as fat. I'd say stop eating carbs 2-3 hours before bed.