Apples

Options
melvac
melvac Posts: 333 Member
Aside from the size making a difference in the calories, have you noticed all the different type apples, and the different nutrition and calories in each. Which one is your favorite? Is one any better than the other, I tend to think and apple is a apple...

Replies

• kiwi1003
    kiwi1003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had a Jazz apple today and it was great!
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    All time favorite goes to the Honeycrisp.
  • kiwi1003
    kiwi1003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    All time favorite goes to the Honeycrisp.

Ooooh yeah, good call. Those too!
  • JenlynnM
    Options
    I love McIntosh apples

There sweet but not to sweet.

I had a red delicious one the other day that one had a few more calories to it.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE fuji apples. Yum!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Gala
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like the green apples. I usually eat one a day, although I forgot to today.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I really love Granny Smith apples, but lately i've been eating Gala apples and they are delicious too!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    My fave is grannysmith. I have one almost every day.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I usually have Gala or Fuji b/c I like sweet & crisp apples and one or the other is usually on sale at our local grocery store. Honeycrisp is good too but they are usually twice as much $.

I had Cortland apples freshly picked right off the tree last fall and they were delicious. Sweet but a little tart too, crisp, and really juicy. They reminded me of apple jolly ranchers.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Like gala and pink lady.
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a good fuji, gala, or pink lady. All three tastes excellent with laughing cow cheese or peanut butter.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I will have to try pink lady and fuji. I like most any kind of apple. My all time favorite I just discovered 2 years ago is honey crisp. For economy purposes I stick with Gala and what apple is on sale. The only apple I really do not like is the washington apple.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I love some pink ladies. It's the only type I get anymore. It's kind of like granny smith but not as sour. I love them <3 I eat probably 2 every day.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As far as calories go I count 60 to 80 calories for all medium/small apples and 100 to 120 for large apples. Those are the averages. Unless my apple change size I just put Gala in my diary until I find the apple is more than 80 cal. it just makes it much easier for logging purposes. You will find most medium apples are 80. Even is I eat a small apple I count 80. So if and when I can afford the larger apples I will adjust and put in the higher calories. I don't care about over counting calories but I don't want to under count.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Is Pink Lady in season year round? I am going to try one tomorrow!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Galas or Fujis, but I tried a Jazz the other day and it was really good. If I see more in the store, I'm going to grab them!
  • stcender
    Options
    Gala apple! I find when they sit a bit and brown they become much sweeter and even more delicious!
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had a Jazz apple today and it was great!

These are my favorite! So yummy!
  • hotmama1174
    hotmama1174 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i use to think an apple is an apple....then I tried a honeycrisp apple-holy moly-those are yummy!!! So now I eat honeycrisp and fiji apples. Love the crunch of them and the sweetness.