Help! I'm gaining weight!

Options
Every time I start to diet and exercise again, I gain weight first. What's up with that?

Replies

• MrsE2010
    Options
    Every time I start to diet and exercise again, I gain weight first. What's up with that?
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Is it because maybe your taking in more fluids? It may well be only water weight.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I'm not sure what type of exercise you're doing but it sounds like your diet may be working and you're losing the weight but your exercising is providing you muscle mass which is heavier than the fat you replaced.

Women lose weight differently than men so you may have to revisit both your diet and exercise routines to see what you may have to adjust -- but if this is a pattern that's happened before I can only surmise that you eventually do start to lose weight after a time -- correct?
  • foodlover
    Options
    All I know is I've been working out like crazy for 3 months and have only lost about two pounds. It takes awhile to see results as you age. Hang in there. :smile:
  • Newmein08
    Options

I have the same problem, I tend to lift weights more that cardio and I always gain a little before losing.
    I can hope that it is muscle:tongue:
    Are you seeing any difference in your clothes?
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I am eating the healthiest I have ever and i gained 2 lbs this week. I can't tell you why but at least you are not alone. Maybe our bodies just need to adjust. Our bodies will get used to the change and stop holding onto food like these is no tomorrow and it will look to digest and absorb it better.

I do feel a little low that its my 3rd week and I am right back the beginning but I am going to continue.
  • bikinigirl2be
    Options
    I haven't had that issue since I started losing weight last march. But all I know is you might be gaining muscle or it's just water weight. Don't worry, you'll begin to lose weight eventually.
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your encouragement! I think I just need to hear it sometimes. :happy:
  • tbirdl2008
    Options
    keep on doing what you doing....
    most likely your fat cell are tranforming into muscles the scale will tell you gained weight. so after awhile your clothes should fit loser..
    also keep drinking that water to stay dyhydrated....
    focus on your food log an make sure you get enough protein...

good luck hun..dont give up
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this site will help you out, it sure has helped me! Welcome and good luck!
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    keep on doing what you doing....
    most likely your fat cell are tranforming into muscles the scale will tell you gained weight. so after awhile your clothes should fit loser..
    also keep drinking that water to stay dyhydrated....
    focus on your food log an make sure you get enough protein...

good luck hun..dont give up
    Thank you for your motivation. I have lost 1 lb since I posted this topic. I am still 4 down from starting weight but I can do it.