FELLING DOWN

Options
WELL MY DAY STARTED OUT NOT SO GOOD I WEIGHED MYSELF THIS MORING AND THE SCALE HAS NOT MOVED EVEN THOUGH I UP MY CARDIO AND WEIGHTS BUT I REALY DID'NT UP MY CALORIE , MAYBE I SHOULD I DON'T ...

ANWAY I HAVE A BF WHO I TALK TO EVERYDAY BUT I FEEL I CAN'T SHARE MY WEGHT LOSS WITH HER CAUSE WHEN I TRY THE SUBJECT GETS CHANGED SO I DON'T PUSH THIS ON HER BUT I KNOW IT HAS ALOT DO WITH THE FACT THAT SHE IS OBECE HOW EVER YOU SPELL IT ANYWAY I TRIED TO GET HER TO DO THIS WITH ME BUT SHE'S NOT READY I GUESS BUT THIS KINDA BRINGS ME DOWN SHE BROUGHT SOME ODDS AND END STUFF FOR ME THAT SHE DID'T USE OR WANT AND THAT WAS FINE BUT WHEN SHE HANDED ME A PAIR OF PANTS THAT WHERE SIZE 14 I WAS SO TAKEN BACK I DID'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY... THE ONLY TIME I FIT INTO A 14 WAS RIGHT AFTER I HAD MY SON 2 YEARS AGO AFTER A C CECTION AND THEN A TWO MONTS LATER I WAS IN A 12 A VERY TIGHT 12 BUT NOW AFTER LOSING 14 LB'S IM IN A 10 AND THEY ARE GRTTING LOOSE AND SHE KNOWS THIS .....

I GUESS WHAT BOTHERS ME SO MUCH IS THAT 14LB'S IS GOOD AND IF I NOTICE A BIG DIFFRENCE WHY HASN'T ANYONE NOTICE OR SAID ANYTHING TO ME.. I MEAN EVERY BODY I KNOW THEY KNOW IM TRING TO LOOSE WEIGHT SO WHAT GIVES ?
DON;T GET ME WRONG MY DH SAYS HE NOTICE THE DIFF. BUT U ALL KNOW HOW THAT IT IT'S GREAT BUT YOU STILL NEED TO HERE IT FROM OTHER PEOPLE . :cry:

OK IM DONE VENTING NOW :grumble:

Replies

• newlifestyle36
    Options
    WELL MY DAY STARTED OUT NOT SO GOOD I WEIGHED MYSELF THIS MORING AND THE SCALE HAS NOT MOVED EVEN THOUGH I UP MY CARDIO AND WEIGHTS BUT I REALY DID'NT UP MY CALORIE , MAYBE I SHOULD I DON'T ...

ANWAY I HAVE A BF WHO I TALK TO EVERYDAY BUT I FEEL I CAN'T SHARE MY WEGHT LOSS WITH HER CAUSE WHEN I TRY THE SUBJECT GETS CHANGED SO I DON'T PUSH THIS ON HER BUT I KNOW IT HAS ALOT DO WITH THE FACT THAT SHE IS OBECE HOW EVER YOU SPELL IT ANYWAY I TRIED TO GET HER TO DO THIS WITH ME BUT SHE'S NOT READY I GUESS BUT THIS KINDA BRINGS ME DOWN SHE BROUGHT SOME ODDS AND END STUFF FOR ME THAT SHE DID'T USE OR WANT AND THAT WAS FINE BUT WHEN SHE HANDED ME A PAIR OF PANTS THAT WHERE SIZE 14 I WAS SO TAKEN BACK I DID'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY... THE ONLY TIME I FIT INTO A 14 WAS RIGHT AFTER I HAD MY SON 2 YEARS AGO AFTER A C CECTION AND THEN A TWO MONTS LATER I WAS IN A 12 A VERY TIGHT 12 BUT NOW AFTER LOSING 14 LB'S IM IN A 10 AND THEY ARE GRTTING LOOSE AND SHE KNOWS THIS .....

I GUESS WHAT BOTHERS ME SO MUCH IS THAT 14LB'S IS GOOD AND IF I NOTICE A BIG DIFFRENCE WHY HASN'T ANYONE NOTICE OR SAID ANYTHING TO ME.. I MEAN EVERY BODY I KNOW THEY KNOW IM TRING TO LOOSE WEIGHT SO WHAT GIVES ?
    DON;T GET ME WRONG MY DH SAYS HE NOTICE THE DIFF. BUT U ALL KNOW HOW THAT IT IT'S GREAT BUT YOU STILL NEED TO HERE IT FROM OTHER PEOPLE . :cry:

OK IM DONE VENTING NOW :grumble:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Just a few things..you do not need to hear it from other people we are trained to think accepting ourselves is based on what feedback other people give..the truth is hardly anyone even cares enough to mention good things anymore...your happy with your progress you dont need anyone else to verify your headed in the right direction or that you look different....secondly you didnt mention how often you work out that may play a big factor in your weight loss as well...personally I shoot for 6 days a week no less than 60minutes of Cardio...

stop seeking the approval of others..in all honesty people are so busy with their own issues and day to day life they really dont have time or even the energy to notice things..it doesnt mean they dont mean well or wouldnt wish you well
  • hushmonkey1234
    Options
    Sorry that you are having such a rotten day. Maybe your friend gave you the pants hoping that you still had to wear them to make her feel better about her size. (just a thought) I know its not nice but I have found that some people dont like others to better themselves because it makes them feel even worse about themselves. I use this as motivation to do even better! It is like an obstical can you resist the temtations given by those around you?
    I hope that you feel better, you are doing a great job, and I am sure that some one very soon will let you know about good you are looking too!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Don't let it get to you, your freind is probably just jelous about your great results. You just have to remember you are doing this for you and no one else. Keep your chin up and your freind will come around.:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it takes awhile for people to decide to say anything. just now people are starting to give me compliments, and I wish they would more often, but I just have to be happy with what I see in the mirror.

your friend will either come around, or she won't. that sounds simple, but you are only capable of changing you. she will if/when she decides to. Don't let her get you down. I don't think she was being mean when she gave you the size 14s. My sister gives me hand me downs all the time and some fit, and some don't. all kinds of makers have different sizing, in some clothes, I am 2-3 sizes different than others.

hang in there. we are always here to listen to your venting, and then cheer you up:flowerforyou:
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    Do you realize that you are almost 1/3 of the way to your goal!! Now there is something positive:flowerforyou: Be proud, YOU are doing it, for YOU!
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    6 DAYS A WEEK CARDIO AND 3 DAYS WEIGHTS AND THANK YOU !!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    6 DAYS A WEEK CARDIO AND 3 DAYS WEIGHTS AND THANK YOU !!
    just keep plugging along remember your doing this for other reasons ..not only what the scale shows...I would give her the jeans back and say oh these dont fit thank you but I wear a size 10..hehe I love telling people "oh I dont eat that stuff anymore or oh I cant fit that size"
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU'R THOUGHT'S :flowerforyou:

YES IM DOING THIS FOR MYSELF :happy: SO I NEED TO JUST BE HAPY FOR MYSELF AND HOW HARD I WORK FOR IT :drinker:
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I would need to vent right along with you!! I have the same issue with my BF. She trys to tell me all the reasons why she doesnt do what Im doing and trys to tell me she is happy with herself the way she is. Then at times she will make comment or ask questions like who am i trying to impress. if i happen to mention I felt guilty for not completley an excersize she tells me Im funny. There are times she makes comments and I know she is trying to discourage me and bring me down with her. I know she is not happy or she would not do this to someone she truly cared about!!! It is soo hard but we have to stay strong we do not need their aproval. I know we would like the support from them but at this time they are so miserable they cant supply that to us. I know what I am doing is for me and that I am becoming healthier and thats an awesome feeling. I have had to reduce the amount of time I am around her to stay away from the neg. Stay Positive your doing great and Im sure you look great!!! Email me if you ever need extra support!!
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    my bf she doen't say anything neg. but i know she's not happy with herself we have and long conersation's about lossing weight and and one point she would go walking with me 3 days a week but that stoped when i moved further away from her so we don't walk together anymore but she still thinks it's easier to take pills or diet drink and eat what she want's to a point
    so i gues when she's ready to loose the weight and keep it off she will talk to me more about how im doing it ...