Protein powder... ideas folks?

Options
Hi

I'm based in NZ and looking for protein powders... basically I want to know what peoples favourite flavours are, and what else to do with it besides make it into a shake/smoothie (gets dull!).

Any particular brands people would suggest also would be good :)

Thanks
Heather

Replies

• kyledc2000
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition NATURAL whey....probably the healthiest and most effective protein powder you can get. They make regular and the natural. The natural doesn't have all the artificial sweeteners and additives so it's much healthier but doesn't taste as good. I have the chocolate, and I actually think it tastes really good. You can look up reviews all over the internet, Optimum Natural is one of the best rated "healthy" protein powders available.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their favorite brands, only difference the average person is going to notice is the price tag. Just pay attention to what the protein is coming from, the rest are pretty standard ingredients. I prefer cookies and cream and I do make boring milk shakes. My room mate blends his up with yogurt.

I suppose there's nothing stopping you from adding it to cookie mix and baking it... I don't know what that would do to it's chemical make up, and I don't know how many cookies you'd then have to feast on to get the same results... lol

For me it's just a cool down drink after working out, like a glass of water. I don't feel obligated to force it down, I just know my muscles like me a lot better the next day :D