Zero Calorie Peanut Butter!!!!

Options
You heard me!! I found this whipped peanut spread from Walden Farms at Walmart today. Servings size is 1/4 cup and has no calories, no fat, no cholesterol, and only 105mg sodium. It also has no fiber, no protein, and a really odd taste. This ain't no Skippy!! It will work great in recipes and smoothies though, so if you are brave enough...check it out!

**at the bottom it says "contains trace calories"

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    It is a hit or miss with their products.

I LOVE the zero calorie bacon ranch dressing :D the marshmallow fluff made me gag though xD
  • dominarrygel
    Options
    I can eat it straight from the jar and I love it:)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I can eat it straight from the jar and I love it:)

I think it will be an aquired taste.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    no fat, no fiber, no protein

Whats the sense ?

I use nut butter for fats...
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    It's not peanut butter then.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about it, but how much like peanut butter does it actually taste, for those of you that have tried it? Does it even have the thickness of peanut butter?
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I don't know, I avoid Walden Farms stuff. It freaks me out.
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    It's not peanut butter then.

peanut-flavored buttery-spread then :)
    some of their dressings are ok, bur seriously, when i stop to think about how i can be eating anything that has no nothing in it and yet....has a physical presence...well....i just can't do it anymore.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    no fat, no fiber, no protein

Whats the sense ?

I use nut butter for fats...
    Exactly.
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    What's the point of it then? No nutritional value....seems like a waste.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    What's the ingredient list?
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Ugh, their products are disgusting! Not to mention, they're basically just jarfulls of chemicals with absolutely no nutritional value. Personally, I'd rather eat real peanut butter for the added calories than to eat some nasty stuff that's been 100% processed and probably created in a petri dish.

If peanut butter substitutes is what you're looking for... I suggest Pb2, which is pretty much dehydrated powder-like peanut butter. OR Better 'N Peanut butter, which is about 75% less calories than regular peanut butter, and it doesn't taste too bad.

But of course... to each their own. I'm super addicted to diet soda, which is pretty much nothing too lol but I looovveee iitttt!!!!

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    It tastes a little like peanut butter...it is made out of peanuts...consistiency of peanut butter...I think you'd have to get used to it. I bought it so it will get used in recipes, but I won't buy it again. I'd rather have PB2 for 45 cals per serving
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    Their chocolate dip is too good. I cannot get it. I eat it all with a spoon hahaha.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    BP2 for the win. Hands down.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    What the hell is it made from then?
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    Ingredients in order:

Purified Water, Vegetable Fiber, Sea Salt, Corn Starch, Xanthan Gum, Natural Roasted Peanut Flavor, Natural Peanut Butter Extract, Caramel Color, Lactic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sucralose, FD&C Yellow #5, #6

maybe not the best substitute. Getting the PB2 next time
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I tasted it once and went back to regular peanut butter
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Ingredients in order:

Purified Water, Vegetable Fiber, Sea Salt, Corn Starch, Xanthan Gum, Natural Roasted Peanut Flavor, Natural Peanut Butter Extract, Caramel Color, Lactic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sucralose, FD&C Yellow #5, #6

If it didn't contain natural peanut butter extract, I would totally buy it.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I tried their honey mustard salad dressing and it was...... odd. Only had it once, now the bottle just sits in my fridge, staring at me every time I open the door and begging for the sweet release of the waste basket, but it denied me the delicious flavor of honey mustard on my salad so I continue to deny it it's freedom.