What's your favorite tuna meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Tuna is one of my staples - I find there's nothing that keeps me satiated for longer!

I normally make huge tuna salads and erm, being a bit of a creature of habit I seem to have had them for lunch for nearly a month!

Another great thing with tuna is making cheese and tuna on toast or pitta bread. You can add other bits (e.g. tomato puree or onion) to give it a bit of a pizza feel.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I made tuna burger patties recently that were really tasty and easy to make. Here is how I made them:

* 5oz can of tuna in water
    * 2 eggs
    * 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (I use seasoned ones)
    * 2 TBSP of chopped onion (optional)
    * 1/8 tsp of garlic powder or to taste
    * 1/8 tsp of black pepper or to taste
    * Olive oil cooking spray

Drain tuna and put into medium sized bowl. Add eggs and mix together. Then add bread crumbs, onion if using any, and seasonings and mix them together. Then form patties and spray pan so they don't stick. Cook in pan on medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown. Enjoy!

Makes 2 sandwich thin sized patties or 4 smaller patties.

For additional calories I enjoy this on a sandwich thin and sometimes add a slice of cheddar and sliced tomato.
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think I need to go get more tuna...lots of awesome options to try out!! Thanks everyone! =D
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I take one can of tuna and mix it with one cup of low fat cottage cheese and dice one tomato to add to it. You can still add boiled egg as well if you would like. This tastes great on salad or plain and lasts me two to three meals.

P.s. I load it up with tons of pepper, but I love pepper!