Where do fellow Canadians get their Ezekiel bread?

Options
I'd really like to switch to Ezekiel bread, but I don't think I've seen it anywhere! Do you guys know of any common grocery store chains that carry it? There's a distinct possibility that I could just be missing it at the grocery store.

I live in a fairly small city and unfortunately we don't have a nice health food store like Planet Organic or something where I'm sure I could find it.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Replies

• littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Sobeys and Superstore both have them for sure...those are the only grocery stores I tend to go to, so I don't know about the others.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Really!? I must be blind! Is it just in the bread section?
  • true2u4ever
    true2u4ever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm still on the hunt in Ontario, Sobeys or Superstore. I've had friends look and no luck..Just researched online and spotted somewhere that Ezekiel Bread is NOT in the bread section...it's in the FREEZER..Hope this is true. I will be checking out the stores tomorrow. Good luck to all of us!!!
  • true2u4ever
    true2u4ever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Really!? I must be blind! Is it just in the bread section?

Try Freezer section!! :smile:
  • jennblac84
    jennblac84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've found it in the freezer section of Zehrs in Ontario.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I've seen it in the freezer at Superstore as well - at my neighbourhood one it's in the freezer in the "natural foods" aisle, not the regular freezer, though. It's the one with the gluten-free specialty frozen meals and coconut ice cream and all that.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Sobeys has it in the freezer section of the organic/health/gluten-free foods section. I found it next to the gluten-free chocolate-coated donuts.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Both Loblaws and Metro have it in the refrigerated "health food" aisles.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I've seen it in the freezer at Superstore as well - at my neighbourhood one it's in the freezer in the "natural foods" aisle, not the regular freezer, though. It's the one with the gluten-free specialty frozen meals and coconut ice cream and all that.

This is exactly where I've seen it as well.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Some guy named Ezekiel.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I found 6 varieties in Dominion (the organic/gluten-free freezer section). Nutrition label passed for me - low calories and lowish sodium - then I saw the price.
    6u1tk0w8xqn9.gif
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's an alternative. Make your own with a bread maker.

http://marmeespantry.blogspot.ca/2014/01/ezekiel-bread-for-bread-machine.html?m=1
  • TanyaYer
    TanyaYer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just checked the website of Superstore. I'm sharing the link what they have or suppose to have in stoke https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/search/?search-bar=ezekiel+bread