COULD EXERCISE BE DOING THIS? I NEED HELP!

Options
Hey Ladies,
My monthly visitor is a little of two weeks late! I've taken about five pregnancy test and they're all coming back negative, but yesterday I got on test that had two lines (positive) but the one line was very faint, and a few hours later I got another negative test it was a clear blue test that read "NOT PREGNANT." Now, my manager who is currently on the weight watchers diet but hasn't been sexually active for quite sometime is ALSO late but was a result to her dieting. On top of all other things I am also sick with flu/cold like symptoms- tired, achy and mostly a bad cough.. to the point of vomiting sometimes. I have an appointment with my OBGYN to possibly do some blood work! Back to my question... has your period ever been late due to dieting or exercising? Please lend me some help and support it would be greatly appreciated <3

Replies

• Cassiet
    Cassiet Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    My monthly visitor is a little of two weeks late! I've taken about five pregnancy test and they're all coming back negative, but yesterday I got on test that had two lines (positive) but the one line was very faint, and a few hours later I got another negative test it was a clear blue test that read "NOT PREGNANT." Now, my manager who is currently on the weight watchers diet but hasn't been sexually active for quite sometime is ALSO late but was a result to her dieting. On top of all other things I am also sick with flu/cold like symptoms- tired, achy and mostly a bad cough.. to the point of vomiting sometimes. I have an appointment with my OBGYN to possibly do some blood work! Back to my question... has your period ever been late due to dieting or exercising? Please lend me some help and support it would be greatly appreciated <3

Well that is odd...I know that exersize can mess with your monthly but I've never heard of a positive pregnancy test from it, I have heard the hcg drops can cause a positive when negative but that is it :) good luck hun, keep us posted :)
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When I started working out a lot more mine was about 2 weeks late too, I definitely think exercise and even diet can affect your cycle.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    From my experience yes it could be.
    Our bodies adjust to change in everyway including our hormones. Since I have changed my eating and exercising habits I notice it affects that time as well. I was also sluggish, achy and stuff, had blood work done and it turned out I was anemic. I cut out most of the foods that I get my iron from(not intentionally), and my period will not come if I am low in iron. So if I am late I usually increase my iron and usually a few days later my period will come. It's the same as being stressed sometimes being too stressed will delay a period as well.
    Not saying this is what happens for everyone and it is probably best to see your Dr.
    I have had both false positives and negatives with pregnancy tests (store bought)
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    If you're super worried, just go to a quick care type place and get a quick pregnancy test done. That will make sure it's accurate, and you can ask them about what might factor into missing your period. But I do know that exercise has an impact on your cycle, particularly if your body is not used to the increase in activity.
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    r u taking HCG? that will give u a positve reading
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    what type of pregnancy test gave you the positive? Blue dye tests are notoriously inaccurate and fish tank water can register a positive on them. Best bet, go to your OB/GYN get the blood work done. If you've had that many negatives I don't think you're pregnant but it could be signs of other problems. They diagnosed my thyroid problem because of my whacky cycle.
  • saritabandita
    saritabandita Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do know that exercise can mess with your cycle. On the other hand, when I was pregnant with my first son, the first couple pregnancy tests I took were negative. The third was positive (with a very faint second line). Another test the next day showed negative (yes, we spent a small fortune on pregnancy tests). Turns out I was pregnant. My cycle has always been very regular so I had reason to suspect I was pregnant. Your body could be totally different than mine. My point is- treat your body as if it's pregnant until you know otherwise... just in case you are carrying a precious little baby in that body. :love:
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    No but I had tests like yours... I was pregnant. Hcg is what they test for so if you use those you may get a false positive.. Otherwise congrats!! :-)
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    No but I had tests like yours... I was pregnant. Hcg is what they test for so if you use those you may get a false positive.. Otherwise congrats!! :-)
  • JesssHerzner
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support and help :)