Rehydration drink.

Options
I run 12km around 4 times a week. I don't take water with me as it is just too bulky to run with. I am after suggestions on rehydration drinks, apart from hydralite, to either drink before or after I run. I am from Australia so would appreciate suggestions on products I could purchase here.
Thanks on advance.

Replies

• Hynes13
    Hynes13 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No one??
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    amway sell a product called strive. I use it, and love it. Works out cheaper than powerade/gaterade.

to purchase it however you need to know someone with an ibo
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    amway sell a product called strive. I use it, and love it. Works out cheaper than powerade/gaterade.

I've found this good as well and particularly like the fact that it comes in a sachet so you're not creating waste by buying a bottle every time.
  • AnaVerasGettingFit
    AnaVerasGettingFit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Look up roll-up bottles by Vapur. Put the beverage of your choice. Rolls up when done for easy storage. You can freeze it, it doesn't leak, and is BPA free. It also has a clip on it to clip on your belt or backpack.
  • beccainbudapest
    beccainbudapest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought on making your own. Maybe make a big container to make it easier to drink right away? You could also probably flavor it with a different juice depending on your preference, just watch out for sugar.

http://www.mainstreet.com/article/lifestyle/food-drink/how-make-your-own-sports-drink
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

I've found this good as well and particularly like the fact that it comes in a sachet so you're not creating waste by buying a bottle every time.

yeah i love that they come in satchets too. I plan on getting the tropical flavour next.
  • Hynes13
    Hynes13 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - It sounds like Strive from Amway might be the go. One question though.....what's an ibo??
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Independent Business Owner - Amway is a network/word-of-mouth marketing system so there are no stores and you have to order the products through someone who is in the 'business'.

http://www.amway.com.au/a2kWeb/
    Presumably, going through the Contact Us page, they should be able put you in touch with a local distributor.