Why carbs are your friend and low-carb isn't great long term

Options
Found this online...

OK, so its a newspaper article, but the Torigraph (read Telegraph) is a respected credible newspaper here in the UK (whether you support in it's political bias or not! :) )

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9069276/Chocolate-cake-breakfast-could-help-you-lose-weight.html

Makes sense to me and actually, so long as the majority of my calories are from carbs and protein (which is how I operate!) I seem to be able to feel fine on very few calories and smash out 1000kCal-1500kCal WORKOUTS each day on about 1200kCal in. Had a lot of people not be able to "believe" how I can continue doing it day after day on not very much (despite me having a good chunk of extra flab as reserves! ;) ) Never really thought as to why, I just have, but perhaps this science could explain why?!

Food for thought...literally!

Enjoy reading, don't get fighty over it - I'm not dictating you do it or stop doing what you're doing, just telling you about a newish study and how it has applied to me! :) Each to their own. Keep calm and carry on!

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Aha! So I was right to crave a doughnut forbreakfast this morning! Unfortunately there are none here (;_;)
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I actual have the paper by one of the authors:

They both were quite low carb. For instance for the women:

High Carb Group:
    C- 78g
    P- 160g
    F- 50g
    (They ate most of their carbs - 60g at breakfast)

Low Carb Group:
    C- 36g
    P- 190g
    F- 56g
    (They had 10g carbs at breakfast)

Both lost weight with the Low Carb Group losing a little bit more but during the follow-up the Low Carbers started gaining weight back while the High Carbers managed to maintain with some also losing more weight.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's been said before, but I don't like carbs. I much prefer direct stratified injection. I don't need help with breathing though. Normal aspiration all the way.