Is my profile right for my job activity

Options
When I did my profile on here I put my job role as Light Activity. This is due to my job being a Lifeguard and I am also a Swimming Instructor.

When I Lifeguard I do not sit down all day. In fact I rarely sit down as in the UK we are also the poolside cleaners.
When I teach I can do up to 5 hours at a time. Some of that is in the water wading back and forth, some times swimming, with clients. Sometimes it is on the poolside walking the length of the pool between instructions.

Do I log these sorts of things in my daily exercise as I would be going into the 1000's on calories burned if I did. Or should I change my profile to suit as 4 out of 7 days it is more than light activity I do but not all day? Yesterday I tried to adjust it to suit but wondered if there was a better way

Help?

Replies

• almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to light even though I work on my @ss all day....
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When I did my profile on here I put my job role as Light Activity. This is due to my job being a Lifeguard and I am also a Swimming Instructor.

When I Lifeguard I do not sit down all day. In fact I rarely sit down as in the UK we are also the poolside cleaners.
    When I teach I can do up to 5 hours at a time. Some of that is in the water wading back and forth, some times swimming, with clients. Sometimes it is on the poolside walking the length of the pool between instructions.

Do I log these sorts of things in my daily exercise as I would be going into the 1000's on calories burned if I did. Or should I change my profile to suit as 4 out of 7 days it is more than light activity I do but not all day? Yesterday I tried to adjust it to suit but wondered if there was a better way

Help?

I think you are probably light but might be the next one up. You can probably focus on moving about more if you wanted but better to set it too low than too high!

I used to be a pool lifeguard - it is a huge pain that they make you the cleaners too! I used to hate that part, damn hour-on hour-off system!