tummy tuck anyone?!

Options
_Jessica_
_Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
Has anyone had a tummy tuck after loosing a lot of weight? I am seriously considering it... Lots of extra stuff "hanging" around that is very annoying. Let me know what you think of it if you have had one! Thanks!!

Replies

• mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering about this, Iv not lost just at the start got 140lbs to loose but I have hanging skin now never mind when I have lost the weight.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    this worries me on a daily basis...what if i lose all the weight and still have sagging skin? i'll feel like it was all for nothing!when the time comes and if by some cahnce i had the money i would do it! i worked for it:0)
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I had one almost 7 years ago...I have had 5 children, so there was not anyhting that was going to work on my extra skin and loose muscles! I loved it than, still love it now and would do it all again if I had a choice....

My scar is a little unsightly, but can be hidden by a higher cut bikini bottom, but I don't care because my stomach is flat!

as soon as I am done losing some weight I gained...I have 5 lbs to go, I will post pics of my stomach scar and all so people with questions can see what it looks like after many years...
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I had one almost 7 years ago...I have had 5 children, so there was not anyhting that was going to work on my extra skin and loose muscles! I loved it than, still love it now and would do it all again if I had a choice....

My scar is a little unsightly, but can be hidden by a higher cut bikini bottom, but I don't care because my stomach is flat!

as soon as I am done losing some weight I gained...I have 5 lbs to go, I will post pics of my stomach scar and all so people with questions can see what it looks like after many years...

Thats my problem had children as well so the skin is just horrid lol, that would be amazing if you could post pics, good luck with that last 5lb as well
  • kah53
    kah53 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have friends that have had it with good success. I hope to have it after I lose more weight. Good luck. blessings, k:smile:
  • jasity
    Options
    I saw someone post a topic about their tummy tuck if you want to see pics :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/491755-had-my-tummy-tuck-the-right-choice-for-me-3
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I was going to mention the above post. The results were seriously amazing!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Had one about 9 weeks ago (tomorrow). I had two kids..gained weight...lost weight and the skin was not going to snap back EVER. Very pleased wtih results! I am just waiting to be cleared to "lift" weights again! I have gained a little since surgery..which scares me a little...but I am back on cardio and light weights until I see doc again mid-April.
    TOUGH first two weeks out! Not gonna lie....I about went stir crazy! BUT now...would do it again in a heartbeat!
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am 14 weeks out of my tuck. Feel free to add me as a friend, I have my pictures posted on my profile (which is private). I did mine for medical reasons but am sooooo very pleased with the results! As motivatedbride has said, the first few weeks are the toughest and you need to be sure that you have GREAT support around during that time. If you have ANY questions at all, feel free to ask. I will help as much as i can. Good luck to you!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Not to be daft, but would anyone mind giving me an idea how much a surgery like that costs? I have a feeling that I will definitely need one once I drop my weight. I should probably start saving.
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Not to be daft, but would anyone mind giving me an idea how much a surgery like that costs? I have a feeling that I will definitely need one once I drop my weight. I should probably start saving.

I have heard someone else on MFP say around 7600 they would have paid. Mine was mostly covered my insurance because of medical issues, but I think had I had to pay full price for it, it would have been around $9k here. I would say between $7-$10k.
  • dls1957
    dls1957 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had one April 2004 and love it too. Had 3 kids and that stretched out skin and pooch made me sick to look at it, let alone trying to feel sexy, it just didn't work. Back then I paid around $7800 but worth every penny.
  • MNA76
    Options

I have heard someone else on MFP say around 7600 they would have paid. Mine was mostly covered my insurance because of medical issues, but I think had I had to pay full price for it, it would have been around $9k here. I would say between $7-$10k.

Thank you so much. I appreciate the info. I will actually probably need skin removal surgery all together. I'm working on losing 100 lbs. At this point, I'm not as concerned about a flat stomach so much as not having wings instead of arms. : )
  • MNA76
    Options
    I had one April 2004 and love it too. Had 3 kids and that stretched out skin and pooch made me sick to look at it, let alone trying to feel sexy, it just didn't work. Back then I paid around $7800 but worth every penny.

Thank you for the information. That gives me and idea. Probably will be about $10,000 by the time I need it.
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm going in the end of March to get mine. It will cost around 6500. I think it just depends on your doctor and where you live for the pricing. I'm going to Dr. York Yates in Layton Utah. You can find him on the internet. I love all his before and after pics and also that he contacted me back when I had questions not someone from his office!!
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Full body lift is probably in my future but I'm not sure how much i'm guessing 20-25000..boobs, belly, arms, and the lipo. I will start looking into it more seriously in 30lbs...but its finding the right surgeon that's important in my neck of the woods that is difficult. Also I might be able to get the belly covered but that is up in the air.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My mom had one. She lost over 100# so she had a lot of extra skin as well. Two years ago she had her tummy done and this past Nov she had her upper half done (arms, boobs, etc.) She plans on getting her legs done in a few more years. She said it was the best decision she made and she is beyond happy!!!

I plan on having one more child so after that pregnancy, I plan on looking into it!

I'll probably use her dr as well! He's a perfectionist and he did an amazing job with my mom!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am very likely going to need one due to the number of inches i gained in my last pregnancy. No amount of weigt loss or exercises can recover the skin. :-(
    I am giving myself until age 45 in four more years, then doing it as a gift for myself. :-)
  • FroKB02
    FroKB02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having my arms done in 41 days and can't wait!! I've lost 70 pounds and I still need to wear a shrug with a dress. Cleveland Clinic (aka big hospital) cost $6000. A surgeon that can do it at an outpatient surgery center (which is what I went with) cost $4800.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!