MFP Runners Club for April 20th... anyone running today?

Options
jessmomof3
jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
Join in here!! :drinker:

Replies

• jessmomof3
    Options
    Join in here!! :drinker:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm so happy to be feeling better... had the flu last week. I ran 8 miles this morning.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I ran 5 miles this morning on the treadmill with speedwork.

Here was my speedwork paces with 2 min recoveries ... -3 x 800m (1/2 mile) @ 7:30, 7:24, and 7:19, then 2 x 400m 1/4 mile) @ 7:19 and 7:03!! Feeling speedy today! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi! I'm so happy to be feeling better... had the flu last week. I ran 8 miles this morning.

Glad you are feeling better! Great run! :bigsmile:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I am running today...but I don't know how far/long yet.

I am lifting weights in a minute.

My allergies have been giving me a fit, so I'm going to see how I feel once I get started. A good 2 miles is my minimum though! :smile:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Been awhile since I posted, too busy lately. I got 5 miles in this morning:)
    Have a great day runners!

Alisha
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Going for some more. Running that is. One of the people I help train for marathons wants me to run so going for 4 more:)

Alisha:happy:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Ran yesterday. Will run tomorrow. Today was all about conditioning.
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    I'm new to this site and new to running!
    I ran track in HS for about 6 weeks until I blew out a knee. Tried it about 7 years ago for another 6 weeks, did a couch to 5k and then quit! (moron!) Last fall I tried training with a couple friends. We worked up to 5 miles, but did it too quickly (6 weeksagain),, my shinsplints were ridiculous. But for the 1st time ever, I found that mysterious, ~mythical~ runner's high! So, here it is spring and I'm off again. I have my Mizunos and my cardio coach and am up to about 25 minutes...not sure the distance...probably 2 miles?
    I hope it's okay if I popped in here. I'm in awe of all your mileages and hope to be able to post something more impressive in a few weeks!

Becky
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    I finally got a run in today. Only 3.75 miles --- got to deal with the kiddos. :grumble:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles this morning on the treadmill with speedwork.

Here was my speedwork paces with 2 min recoveries ... -3 x 800m (1/2 mile) @ 7:30, 7:24, and 7:19, then 2 x 400m 1/4 mile) @ 7:19 and 7:03!! Feeling speedy today! :bigsmile:
    Jess, you're just flying today!:laugh: Good job.

Felt really crummy after my run yesterday and had a sore throat this morning, so I just did P90X this morning and no run tonight.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Jess, you're just flying today!:laugh: Good job.

Felt really crummy after my run yesterday and had a sore throat this morning, so I just did P90X this morning and no run tonight.

I felt like I was flying! :laugh: I'm getting my speed back after injuries last year which feels awesome! :bigsmile: I'm doing P90X tonight... Shoulders & Arms after dinner digests.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome Becky!:flowerforyou:

Great to see everyone checking in today.

Today was a rest day for me. Yesterday was my "long run".

See you tomorrow
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    7 miles for me today :love:
  • crimefighter2
    crimefighter2 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I cranked out a slow 3. 26:17. That was due to a really slow first 1/2 mile. Back at it on Wed. I hope as tomorrow will be strength conditioning.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Eight and some strength training this evening.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Three on Monday for me. I feel like a turtle compared to many of you here: 6.2 on the TM.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My son and I did Day 1 of week 5 of C25K in the rain on Monday. I was really proud of him. It totaled 15 minutes of running and at the end of cool down we were still far from home so I asked him if he was up to run it in and he was.:drinker: I'm really looking forward to doing our first race together.