Frequent Failure

Options
Hey everyone!

Are you all like me and start a tonne of diets every year, only to give up or slip up half way through? It's the most aggravating thing ever! I'm not sure what brought me to MYFITNESSPAL, but I sure do hope it works. I've actually got something to strive towards now; a bikini in Rome! I'm heading to Italy in August and am determined to walk along the pool in a bikini. I've tried and failed for almost 7 years to lose weight and I'm tired of failing.

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• star87cc
    Options
    Heya! welcome to MFP its a great tool and the boards are very uselful! :) Although I dont have a holiday booked (as yet) the idea of being confident in a bikini is deffinately on my top goal list too! Good Luck! :)
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Welcome........we all go through these ups and downs and then the big SLIP.....this site is great and the friends I have made are wonderful...........good luck to you and come your time in Rome that bikini will be fitting wonderful.....
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I feel like I start a diet once a month! My husband has helped me to see the light, he kindly pointed out to me that I am a 'rewarder'. I start a diet, lose a few pounds and then think 'Oooooh I deserve a treat' and with that I totally undo all my good work.... On one of my treat days I worked out that I scoffed around 1800 calories, now you may think its not sooooo bad, a good session at the gym would cure that but nuh-uh, that was 1800 calories ON TOP of usual meals (Im a sucker for sweet things and who knew carrot cake was so lardy?!?)
    I found MFP a couple of weeks ago, so far Ive lost 4lbs and rewarded myself with a rum and diet pepsi!
    I dunno, I guess Ive finally figured that I have GOT to stop sabotaging myself, my 33rd birthday is in July and I REFUSE to spend any more of my life hating the way I look! There is a ton of support here, good luck!