Sexist tickers?

Options
Is it just me, or are the weight loss tickers displayed on our pages sexist? (if you don't know what a ticker is, mine is at the bottom of this post) The tickers have rainbows and flowers. The icons are little froggies and flowers and ladybugs and stars and strawberries and butterflies and cute pink scales . They have a person running, but it's a woman. I mean, come on MFP! I understand women are the majority here, but there are also plenty of guys. Can we get some killer robots or cars or baseballs/footballs or football helmets or ANYTHING more manly? Stop oppressing us men MFP! Equal icons for equal weight loss! If i had a bra, I'd burn it! :laugh: *holds up picket sign and chants "we shall overcome"*

Replies

• gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    LMAO... Be proud to carry your pink flowers.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You're right! But you can change your ticker, put your own picture as a background.
    Besides, aren't ladybugs just *adorable*????
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    You can import a photo of your choosing to put on your ticker. I had a photo of two coffee mugs for awhile and the flowers I have now are a photo I took at a local public garden.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You better ride it out on that check mark, LOL.

I feel yout hough.

5499814.png
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You're right! But you can change your ticker, put your own picture as a background.
    Besides, aren't ladybugs just *adorable*????
    ladybugs ARE adorable @ frosty, but fighting robots are AWESOME! mfp may as well just put little pink hearts all around my profile and pictures of kittens that say "I's haz cheezbergers". if you're gonna demasculate me mfp, at least do it PROPERLY *lol*
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Same thing I was thinking, when I first started my account I looked through all them. I think you might can import some though
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Robots?! Zombies could totally overtake robots. Psh. ;)
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    LMAO... Be proud to carry your pink flowers.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • lisaforrester13
    Options
    you can load whatever you want for your ticker pic!!!..speaking of tickers..where did mine go???
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    to be honest i'd much prefer a dinosaur or transformer to a butterfly and im a girl!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's sexist to think that those things are for girls, and fighting robots are for boys.
  • Skeemer118
    Options
    to be honest i'd much prefer a dinosaur or transformer to a butterfly and im a girl!

Agreed. :) I'm a big College Football fan. I'd rather have that.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    My ticker isn't that girly.
  • Skeemer118
    Options
    It's sexist to think that those things are for girls, and fighting robots are for boys.

Aaaaaand here we go....

Where's my popcorn? :drinker:
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    make your own ticker :)
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    hahaha.

Yeah, I want a killer robot for my ticker too :)
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    You can use a blue scale, too. :flip:
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Actually I find your comment on the tickers sexist, not the tickers, saying that rainbows and flowers arent for men? ;)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

Word. I want a bulldozer or a cordless drill.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Getting in touch with your feminine side isn't easy is it.

Hey, there's lots of tom-boys here and all over the world. I agree, they should be plain until you put some kind of radical picture that you choose yourself.

Mine's not radical. Mine's to try to help me keep my sanity. LOL!