Mixed results - need friends for motivation

Options
I gave myself a new years resolution to loose some weight and get in shape before I turn 30 in June. I have been eating well and exercising a lot, but have experienced very little weight gain. How true is it that muscle weighs more than fat? I know I shouldn't be obsessed with the scale, I feel great, but I haven't gone down in clothing sizes either. My face is thinner and the hubby says I look great, I just want my pants to be more comfortable!
Anyway, I think I need some extra motivation and would like to make some friends that are ladies around 30. Any tips would be super helpful too.

Replies

• Ctripp86
    Options
    I'm 26...is that close enough to 30??? :-) I just started MyFitnessPal 10 days ago and it's going well so far. I haven't weighed myself since I started so I won't know what the scale says. I would be happy to help motivate you and it would be great to have another motivation for me as well!
  • stephanisenter
    Options
    I was just posting the same thing about needing motivators, I am 30 right now and turning 31 in june. I need that extra boost as well but havent a clue how to add friends being that i just recently started fitness pal myself 10 days ago. oh and just to answer your question. YES muscle weighs more than fat. but muscle also burns more calories than fat. dont be discouraged. your here and already on the right track. Stephanie S.
  • IaGirly24
    IaGirly24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Agreed I've been on this site since jan. 9 and the friends I've started w have become dormant. I'm doing good on my own but could use all the help I can get. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ive just added you :)
  • ebsthename
    Options
    You all can add me too. I need all the motivation I can get as well. Definitely will help out with motivating others too .