workout music!

Options
2»

Replies

• lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I love working out to Justin Bieber's Baby. Lol. Seriously such a silly song but it came on one day while I was running and it has become my favorite for runs. Annnnnd Dynamite by taio cruz, moves like jagger by maroon 5, tonight tonight by hot chelle rae, accidentally in love by the counting crows, how far we've come by matchbox 20. Yep.
  • Glamrock82
    Glamrock82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh! I also forgot to add, I frequently work out to the Rocky soundtrack. Nothing gets me through a workout better than 'Gonna Fly Now', 'Eye Of the Tiger' or 'Hearts On Fire'!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    The last week, I can't get enough of Muse, specifically the Black Holes and Revelations album. I've also been listening to Incubus' S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

I catch myself air drumming/guitaring on the treadmill
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    Megadeth's Rust in Peace.
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of playlists depending on my mood!
    On has Lady GaGa, LMFAO, Fergie, Usher, Pitbull, Taio Cruz and the Black Eyed Peas.
    Another has Rihanna, Ciara, Pink, Ludacris, Buckcherry, and Bon Jovi
    And of course, I have to have Daughtry, Nickelback, Guns N’Roses, Fuel, and U2 close by.
    On a slow day, I like Big and Rich, Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean, Toby Keith, and Sugarland.
    I probably lost you with the country mix but I have wide musical taste! :-)
  • gleechick609
    Options
    My new running song is: Starships - Nikki Minaj
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    My playlist is made up of techno, house and rock.

Above & Beyond
    Audioslave
    BT
    Chicane
    Deadmau5
    DJ Jose Amnesia
    Marilyn Manson
    Massive Attack
    Morgan Page
    Nickelback
    Nine Inch Nails
    Rob Zombie
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Stone Temple Pilots
    The Chemical Brothers
  • stward9280
    Options
    Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead, George Harrison, Queen...in no particular order.
  • kealambert
    Options
    Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead, George Harrison, Queen...in no particular order.

yes, queen is awesome for workouts
  • STLaferty
    Options
    I have a CD called Chakra Dance that I downloaded to my MP3 player. The tracks gradually increase in tempo and make a perfect walking/workout listen! Also love:
    Moody Blue- An Evening At Red Rocks
    Pet Shop Boys-Discography
    Madonna-Immaculate Collection, Deeper and Deeper, Ray of Light
    I'm open to any other suggestions!
  • ironhouse
    ironhouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    songs stuck in my head lately, so they get extra plays..

Grinderman "No ***** Blues"
    Die Antwoord "In Your Face"
    The Walkmen "We've Been Had"
    Childish Gambino "Bonfire"
    The Shins "Simple Song"
    Goyte f. Kimbra "Somebody That I Used To Know"

otherwise, various upbeat pop bands - Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Strokes, White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age, if I'm in the mood for something heavier I'll go the punk route before throwback metal, too many bad memories, wasted a good decade of my life on metal and marijuana, I'll end up in some strange daze reminiscing about ole Susie Rotten Crotch if I listen to that type of noise

Gym radio is basically Bruno Mars, Nikki Minaj, Drake, idk.. that "I'm sexy and I know it" "I work out" **** over and over again, it's all the same to me, honestly, not horrible workout music though
  • ironhouse
    ironhouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been digging the Drive Movie Soundtrack too... esp. College "Real Hero" and Kavinsky "Night Call" dope throwback 80s noise, it makes me feel like I'm a GTA character
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I listen to Girl Talk a lot when I run. The beat is consistent and fast. It's great stuff.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I mostly listen to Trance music. A large portion of my music library consists of AVB's radio sessions with the songs split instead of being combined all together as 1 file.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    AC/DC, U2, Beck, Godsmack, Nickleback, Creed, Metallica, INXS, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machine, and a bunch of the hip hop songs in our family's iTunes (I have three teenage boys).
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I just listen to Girl Talk albums. There is so much variety that I don't feel the need to switch between artists because the mashups do it for me! That being said, I need to start branching out and make some real playlists now that I'm going working out more than ever before!
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    AC/DC, U2, Beck, Godsmack, Nickleback, Creed, Metallica, INXS, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machine, and a bunch of the hip hop songs in our family's iTunes (I have three teenage boys).
    forgot to add now I listen to Pandora more than my iPod songs. So much variety!
  • Codettea
    Codettea Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    *laughs* I have the oddest combination of songs on my ipod in my work-out playlist.
    If anyones seen the 'Epic Rap Battles of History' on youtube, I have some songs from that, also songs from a program on tv called 'Horrible Histories', Switchfoot, MXPX, Shane Yellowbird, Taylor Swift, Kerli, All Time Low, Aselin Debison, Fall out boy, The Joys, Journey. There are songs from the movie Burlesque, Tangled, Shrek Ever After, Red Riding Hood, Princess and the Frog, some Headley, Rascal Flatts, Kazzer, P!nk.... Theres a whole lot more... *laughs*
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Breathe Carolina

Great workout music!
  • kealambert
    Options
    *laughs* I have the oddest combination of songs on my ipod in my work-out playlist.
    If anyones seen the 'Epic Rap Battles of History' on youtube, I have some songs from that, also songs from a program on tv called 'Horrible Histories', Switchfoot, MXPX, Shane Yellowbird, Taylor Swift, Kerli, All Time Low, Aselin Debison, Fall out boy, The Joys, Journey. There are songs from the movie Burlesque, Tangled, Shrek Ever After, Red Riding Hood, Princess and the Frog, some Headley, Rascal Flatts, Kazzer, P!nk.... Theres a whole lot more... *laughs*

Oh man JOURNEY is so great for working out!