6lbs to go - advice please?

Options
Hi,

I'm hoping someone out there has either been where I am or can offer some words of wisdom but I am feeling a bit stuck and don't know what's best!

I am currently at 9 stone 12lbs (138lbs) and want to lose a further 6 to get to my goal.

I work out 3 times a week for about 60 minutes usually a mix of cardio and weights plus one class (i.e spinning) a week.

I am eating around 1,300 calories a day and save my exercise calories for weekends. I never go mad, just treat myself to a dessert or takeaway once a week. I usually breakeven over the course of the week.

Anyway, despite being really strict, this last 6lbs will not move and I'm always hungry :(

Should I up my calories? My only concern is, I don't have time to work out more to balance it out.

All advice welcome!

Replies

• Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Keep your sodium to less than 1000 mg a day. Work out 5 days a week. Drink lots and lots of water you should see that last 6 lb dissapear.
  • ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I try not to add salt to anything but I will try harder! I think drinking more water would help but I find it so hard to drink more than 5 or 6 glasses but hey, if it moves the last few pounds I'll do it!
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Im working on the last 7.2lbs.
  • ljmiller11
    Options
    God, it's so hard isn't it!?! The first stone felt easy but now I'm stuck and starting to get a bit unmotivated by it.

I guess if it was easy everyone would do it. I just want to see 9 and 1/2 stone sooo bad now so I can work on maintaining and toning ready for summer holidays :smile:
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    yes. seems like the last 10 or so are vanity lbs and our bodies are getting happy that close to our goal. Head up!
  • ljmiller11
    Options
    I think you're right. I feel much healthier as I am but I can't help but want my size 10 jeans to feel a little less tight!

No matter how much exercise I do I just cannot tone my tummy. I know it takes a lot of hard work and dedication but I'm worried I'm doing the wrong things in the gym & wasting valuable work out time.

What would a good tummy toning work out look like?
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think "saving calories" works. Whenever I have loads of calories put in without calories going out, it's never good.

It sounds like your body needs MORE regularity. Like, daily regularity. Maybe the sudden calorie dumps are what are hurting you. I agree with what has already been said.......work out every day, spread your calories out daily and over the week. Good luck.
  • ljmiller11
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.

I know I should keep everyday level but when you're other half wants to eat out or bake at the weekends, it's tough! Maybe on those days I should make myself do a big work out first so that I can eat my calories back on the same day & not go over my daily limit.

I'm changing jobs soon which is slightly more active so hopefully this will help.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Make sure you set your goal to .5 lb per week. You also might need to start eating back some of your exercise calories during the week. Additionally, make sure you are eating enough protein (about .8g per lb of weight).