Fat Loss vs Weight Loss - Last 10lbs

Options
Hello Everyone!

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere - if it has I can't find it, or am having trouble piecing the answer together.

I believe I have 10lbs left to go (I'm really more concerned about shedding the muffin top and fitting back into my favourite jeans - the 10lb goal puts me back to where I was when I felt good), and I realize that the last 10lbs are difficult. The weight is sitting mostly around my middle and is clearly all fat.
MFP tell me to net 1200 calories/day to lose weight, it also tells me my BMI is well within the healthy range which I know makes it tougher to lose weight. Despite sticking to the prescribed net calories, making healthy calorie choices and exercising the scale won't budge and I'm still battling this bulging middle.
Is there a more effective way for me to shed this fat than with a calorie deficit? Does it make more sense at this stage to eat 'maintain weight' calories and just try to burn the fat off through exercise?

Any 'last 10lbs' tips appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere - if it has I can't find it, or am having trouble piecing the answer together.

I believe I have 10lbs left to go (I'm really more concerned about shedding the muffin top and fitting back into my favourite jeans - the 10lb goal puts me back to where I was when I felt good), and I realize that the last 10lbs are difficult. The weight is sitting mostly around my middle and is clearly all fat.
    MFP tell me to net 1200 calories/day to lose weight, it also tells me my BMI is well within the healthy range which I know makes it tougher to lose weight. Despite sticking to the prescribed net calories, making healthy calorie choices and exercising the scale won't budge and I'm still battling this bulging middle.
    Is there a more effective way for me to shed this fat than with a calorie deficit? Does it make more sense at this stage to eat 'maintain weight' calories and just try to burn the fat off through exercise?

Any 'last 10lbs' tips appreciated.

Thanks!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Cardio cardio and more cardio! In order for you to reveal the abs that you have underneath the fat you have to get rid of the fat. Everyone has different body types and it sounds like you just carry your weight in your mid section, you may not be able to get rid of all of the fat but cardio will help! Good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/49690-the-banks-plan

Read this post by SHBoss formerly Banks - it may give you some ideas! :flowerforyou: