Another weight gain post

Options
2»

Replies

• kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I appreciate the insight! I made some adjustments to my profile based on your tips- -upping my workouts from 4 to 5 days a week (30 minutes each) and upped my calories to 1,330 from 1,240. I started at 236.6, and am at (before today anyway) 209.2, and am 5'7" and 25 years old. I guess 1240 does seem a little low for someone with a high weight like mine. I also just bought some Zumba DVDs so when those come in the mail I'll give them a go.

And no, Its been about 7-10 days since my TOM ended.

Protein, according to MFP, varies pretty greatly, but I get between 40-60g per day. I'm a vegetarian, but I still try to get it in there. Carbs are between 180-220 per day. Fat probably averages around 30/ day.

I don't usually eat back my workout calories. If I end up going over my goal calories, I add time to my workout, but that happens pretty infrequently.

And I definitely don't get enough water throughout the day so I'm going to be more conscientious about that as well. My sodium tends to stay under what MFP says it should be but I drink a diet soda now and then, which certainly doesn't help. So I'm going to give those things a shot. It seems weird to be eating MORE calories, but I'm going to trust your suggestions and try that for awhile. Thank you so much!!!!
  • jspecht
    Options
    i have the same problem. i got off track and didnt track my food for a couple months. i got back into the habits of tracking food and calories. i worked out, tracked every ounce of food and gained two pounds in two weeks. i was very very very frustrated (on top of an already bad week i was having). i do not know what to do.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I appreciate the insight! I made some adjustments to my profile based on your tips- -upping my workouts from 4 to 5 days a week (30 minutes each) and upped my calories to 1,330 from 1,240. I started at 236.6, and am at (before today anyway) 209.2, and am 5'7" and 25 years old. I guess 1240 does seem a little low for someone with a high weight like mine. I also just bought some Zumba DVDs so when those come in the mail I'll give them a go.

And no, Its been about 7-10 days since my TOM ended.

Protein, according to MFP, varies pretty greatly, but I get between 40-60g per day. I'm a vegetarian, but I still try to get it in there. Carbs are between 180-220 per day. Fat probably averages around 30/ day.

I don't usually eat back my workout calories. If I end up going over my goal calories, I add time to my workout, but that happens pretty infrequently.

And I definitely don't get enough water throughout the day so I'm going to be more conscientious about that as well. My sodium tends to stay under what MFP says it should be but I drink a diet soda now and then, which certainly doesn't help. So I'm going to give those things a shot. It seems weird to be eating MORE calories, but I'm going to trust your suggestions and try that for awhile. Thank you so much!!!!

You fat looks good. You might be a little high in the carbs, but as a vegetarian, I am not surprised so I wouldnt be too worried.

Drinking water will be very important for you, as your body will not be as likely to retain the water.

I would also eat back your workout calories, as you are probably NETTING under the 1200, which is not good at all for your body. You need to "feed" your body so it knows it is getting enough nutrition. Have you tried adding a protein shake to your diet? I recommend Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural Whey. Their flavors are excellent.
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I kind of thought you wanted to net fewer calories than your goal. I don't think since being on the program I've ever net more than 1,200, usually more 800-1000. I guess I thought if you actually ate 1,200 calories and burned a bunch, the 1200 still counted as though they weren't burned. Like Sunday I worked out a bunch and ended up only netting 400, even though I ate 1,200 or more. I'll work on NETTING at least 1,200.

The whole concept kind of confused me. Thanks for the help :)