protein

Options
if i go over my protein is that bad? i only have 2 remaining for protein, but like 700 calories left for today. I still haven't had dinner yet.

Replies

• whendee05
    Options
    if i go over my protein is that bad? i only have 2 remaining for protein, but like 700 calories left for today. I still haven't had dinner yet.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Not a problem. Most people go over on protein. I changed mine to Potassium, Iron, and Saturated Fat - I don't even look at the others.
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I found out a few days ago that you can adjust how you consume your calories. I was going over on protein so i adjusted mine from 55% carbs, 15%protein and 30% fat to 55%carbs 20%protein and 25% fat and it seems to be just the right amount. You can find it under goals, change goals, custom... and go from there
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    It would be almost impossible for the average person to get to a dangerous level of protein intake. Especially if you do any resistance training. You would have to have many portein shakes and every meal basically protein for it to be a questionable amount
  • whendee05
    Options
    thank ya'll....:flowerforyou: this info helps me alot!!!
  • mylesb112
    Options
    Protein is an intersting topic because it doesn't really make you "fat," it actually can help make you skinny because it consists of alot of tough bonds that require energy to break down and digest. Just try to avoid high fat or high sodium meats. These can cause you to retain water and you are eating up fatts which are needed but in moderation. Here are some guidelines I received from a dietician a few weeks ago...

A sedetary person needs about 0.8 g/kg
    An endurance athelete should be in the 0.8-1.2 g/kg range
    A weight trainer needs to be in the 1.2-1.5 g/kg range

*note these are in kg not lbs so you must convert.... basically a kilogram is equal to two pounds
    *take your body weight multiply by your protein level above and divide by 2

enjoy,

myles