Help! I've lost that loving feeling!

Options
Oh my goodness, I'm out of control! Just a few short (8) weeks ago I was in a whirlwind of great feelings and I couldn't wait to get up in the morning to work out, I wouldn't have thought about putting a bunch of junk in my mouth, and I was addicted to this site! 8 short weeks later, I'm losing my umph! I ate half a box of chocolates last night after eating 2 handfuls of munchkins after lunch. I hardly logged at all this week and last weekend, I no longer look at people thinking in my head, "why on earth would you put that in your mouth?", instead wondering where I can get some. I don't want to slide back, but I need some motivation! Where do you folks get the want/need to keep doing this?!?! It's like I've lost that loving feeling, and I know I just need to get it back! In September I dropped off the face MFP, and although I didn't gain but a few pounds back, I was larger and felt like crap. I wish I hadn't quit then, but I feel like I'm headed in that direction again. :ohwell: Help!!

So I guess what I really want to know is: Where do you folks get the want/need to keep doing this?!?!

Replies

• megaron01
    megaron01 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You're back & you know what you have to do. Take control & responsibility for what you're putting in your mouth. Back on the wagon!!!
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Re-read what you just wrote......you started putting crap in your body and then you felt like crap. If you want to feel better, you need to start treating yourself better and putting GOOD things in your body.

One thing I do is I just don't buy crap. It's not in my house to tempt me. I know it's simplistic, but it sure helps. ;)
  • renu74
    renu74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same feeling, but there is a reason we got to this site, because we know we need motivation every once in a while. The whole community here is awesome when it come to supporting. I am unable to work out this whole week because of my asthma, but I know if I give this rest to my body I can get back again. It's OK to slip often, but dusting off and getting up is what you need to do. You can do this, just have faith in yourself and before you eat anything look at it and then think do you really need another one?? Don't give up, keep trying..... Did you know Edison when inventing light bulb didn't give up after 999 times because he knew he would be successful the 1000th time...:) So hang in there...:smile:
  • Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Your doing this for you and for you health! Dont forget that!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    just keep swimming, just keep swimming.....(think Nemo)

Don't beat yourself up over your food choices... just make sure that you don't stop working out..... you can move forward from a box of chocolates, but if you stop the exercise that is where it all starts to go downhill I find....

So everyday, commit to exercise, if you don't want to get out of bed to do it, do it later on in the day....JUST DO IT !!

This is my moto:

The only thing standing between you and the body you want is the BULL**** story you keep telling yourself !!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options

This is my moto:

The only thing standing between you and the body you want is the BULL**** story you keep telling yourself !!

LOVE that!!!