IS THERE SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH FRUIT?

Options
I AM EATING ALOT OF FRESH FRUIT AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU CAN EAT TO MUCH TO COUNTER WEIGH LOSS

Replies

• heygirl1954
    Options
    I AM EATING ALOT OF FRESH FRUIT AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU CAN EAT TO MUCH TO COUNTER WEIGH LOSS
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    not sure it will counter weight loss are you logging it and checking the calories...also fruit can be very high in sugar u need to watch that as well..but too much of anything isnt good
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Technically as long as you stay with in your allotted calories you will lose weight. If all you eat is fruit that might not be a good idea. You need protein and fat as well.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I have less to lose, so at this point my body is pretty sensitive to sugar and carbs...so I've found recently that I have needed to cut down on my fruit per day. I'm still eating it every day. I just eat less of it. :brokenheart:

Hopefully it will pay off.
  • kmlatimer
    Options
    everything in moderation including fruit, plus don't forget....calories in < calories out
  • getfitwithangela
    getfitwithangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am still eating fruit but usually will limit to 2 a day and have them before 2 p.m ---so with breakfast for sure and a snack mid morning or with lunch- seems to be working out well! Ange
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Remember too the need for protein and other nutrients...you want to make sure you have all the necessary food groups....and as several have mentioned fruits are high in sugar - while natural sugar it's still calories.
  • heygirl1954
    Options
    THANKS, I AM WELL ON MY CALORIES, USUALLY GO OVER ON PROTEIN, OKAY ON CARBS AND FAT, BUT JUST CHECKED MY SUGAR AND I AM OVER BY 59!!! JUST HAD A BANANA, GRAPES, SNACKED ON WATERMELON AND PINEAPPLE.. OF COURSE THIS IS FOR MY WHOLE DAYS AND VEGGIES ARE ALSO ALOT OF SUGAR I JUST SEEN...