would this work the same?

Options
mfoster1019
mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
i know about the diet soda cake (box of cake mix and 1 12oz can of soda), but i was wondering if it would work the same with a box of brownie mix? meaning a box of brownie mix and a can of soda.

Replies

• Tianzi
    Tianzi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have heard this will work. Also try a cake mix of your choice and a can of pumpkin to make muffins, nothing else needed.n :) Delish! Not sure calorie counts. I think 150 calories each.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I've done the brownie mix with 1 can of Diet Coke and also done the brownie mix with 1 15oz. can of pumpkin. You truly can't taste the pumpkin in the brownies once baked, they just have a more "fudgy" consistency.
  • fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have made boxed brownies just omitting the oil. Add the other ingredients on the box and bake. They don't need as long to bake and they will not keep once they are baked more than a day or so...but you cannot taste the difference.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    What I have been doing lately is...... instead of using diet soda (which I tried and didn't like the flavor)..... I just use plain water. I make individual cakes in a cup and microwave.

I use 2-4 tablespoons of dry mix and 1-2 tablespoons of water. Mix in a small cup or bowl. Microwave 20-30 seconds on high. It is YUMMY. I have also tried this with peanut butter cookie mix, chocolate chip cookie mix and brownie mix. All of them worked great for me.

To figure calories, I added the dry mix only by grams into the database. Then I just measure however many grams of dry mix and put that in my diary. For instance, Pillsbury Devil's Food cake came out to be 134 calories for 34 grams of dry cake mix. That may be too high of a calorie count for some folks, but it works for me when I'm craving chocolate cake!

When I'm daring, I may add a few butterscotch chips before microwaving..... or some lite whipped cream after cooking.

I like preparing the individual cakes as I want them so I don't have the temptation of a whole cake or a bunch of cookies around all the time!

Delicious! Try and enjoy!