how much water do you drink?

Options
I use to go to Weight Watchers a few years ago and they would count up to 2 glasses of any drink (like coffee or soda) in with how much water they had for the day.

Is that how you guys do it?

I've had 2 cups of coffee today, and I was curious if you guys would add those 2 cups into your water total for the day. I mean, coffee is made from water... What do you think?

Replies

• Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't count coffee, tea, or crystal light. Not sure why you're not supposed to. I drink 3 gallons of water daily.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that anything without caffeine counts. However, I don't really keep track myself. I speak all day at work so I'm constantly drinking water to keep my throat from drying up. I go through at least 64 oz, not counting what I drink while exercising.

It's not always necessary to count. My understanding is that (stand by for gross details in 3...2...1...) if your urine is clear or just slightly yellowish, you're well-hydrated.
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    yes! you can absolutely count it. the idea is to get water into your body - you even get some water through things like fruit and vegetables. coffee and tea absolutely count - although, plain water is still the best source of water.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I only count water, but that's also mostly what I drink. I have a 32 oz bottle that I carry with me everywhere, and I drink 3-4 of those each day. I do drink a cup of coffee a day, but don't count that.
  • ifonlyfortonight
    Options
    I generally drink about 3 liters a day (It's so much easier to keep track when you keep a 1 liter water bottle with you during the day and refill).. since I've started exercising an hour a day, I've upped my water intake to 4 liters. It sounds like so much, but as long as you keep drinking throughout the day it do-able. My hair and skin is looking great too!
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    M-F at least 100oz. Sat/Sun that's a different story. Usually around 40oz each day.