P90X2 versus Insanity

Options
So I'm just finishing up the original P90X workouts, and I've decided to go for a more challenging workout to cross-train with my running.

Has anyone done P90X2 and can compare it to Insanity? They look pretty similar from the previews, in terms of the athletes in sports focus, but just wondering if anyone has been able to compare the two? I haven't talked to anyone who's tried P90X2, so I suppose I'm looking for some input on that program more.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Bumping.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Well I have done P90X, Insanity, Insanity Asylum and P90X 2(just got done with it) and I can tell you from personal experience that P90X and Insanity are totally different. I would say that with P90X to sum it up I got a lot of muscle tone and lost a bunch of inches but with Insanity, I really got my definition, abs and lost the fat. Of course I did do P90X first and then Insanity. Feel free to write to me or friend request me! I am featured in the new Insanity commercial that has came out - I love love love that program :)
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I think P90X2 keeps the same muscle confusion philosophy. Insanity Asylum added some strengthening workouts since Insanity is more cardio based. I'll be starting P90X2 next month, and for what I've seen they have new moves, but still works on strengthening more than Insanity Asylum.

Insanity (the first one) it is cardio based, so it is totally different from P90X (+) and (2)
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The first 2 weeks of Insanity I gained 3 pounds...then I lost 5 over the next 2 weeks. I am doing P90X after I finish Insanity (swapping DVDs with a buddy). Looking at the two of us, Insanity will get you toned and P90X will get you ripped. Both of us were in decent shape to start.

HOWEVER - you buy nothing for Insanity (unless you do not have a HRM - then you MUST buy one) and you have to buy some equipment to do P90X.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I've did a mix of P90X and Insanity prior to doing P90X2. I agree that P90X and Insanity are completely different, but both beneficial. Insanity burns the fat. P90X builds the muscle. There are aspects of P90X that I like more than P90X2. P90X2 is certainly a good program as well. At this point, my plan will be to basically cherry pick workouts from each of the three programs and mix those in with building up my running as well as my swims. You won't go wrong with any of the programs.
  • anonymouscuban
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • RedTiger76
    Options
    I did P90X and P90X2, both in my opinion are great programs not just for weight lost but for really getting in shape, I actually just came across this site, this guy gave it a lot of thoughts it seems. the videos are funny, but they are true to the program - http://z90p.com/