ANY SUGGESTIONS.....

Options
I CAN DO GOOD ALL DAY AT WORK STICKING TO MY HEALTHY EATING.....BUT AS SOON AS I GET HOME AND COOK FOR MY 3 KIDS I LOSE ALL CONTROL, ANY TIPS ON HOW I CAN BE MORE DISCIPLINED?? :brokenheart: THANKS GUYS:heart:

Replies

• PROUDWIFENMOMMY
    Options
    I CAN DO GOOD ALL DAY AT WORK STICKING TO MY HEALTHY EATING.....BUT AS SOON AS I GET HOME AND COOK FOR MY 3 KIDS I LOSE ALL CONTROL, ANY TIPS ON HOW I CAN BE MORE DISCIPLINED?? :brokenheart: THANKS GUYS:heart:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    find healthy ways to cook for them as well so when your cooking and picking your not setting urself back
  • goodgollymissmolly
    goodgollymissmolly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating a healthy snack on the way home. Or try chewing gum while cooking. I've heard that sometimes helps. Maybe it will hold you over until you are ready for your healthy meal.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Cook healthy for your kids too- Have them eat the same things you are- The obesity rate in children is sky-rocketing it started with adults and went to teens now its in younger kids even preschoolers thats pretty sad so thats plenty of motivation to teach children good healthy eating habits-

American's only need 20% fat in there diet and yet American's are eating 37% and up in fat
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Make healthier meals for your kids so its not a set back when your munching on what they're eating. Also, it won't hurt to get your kids eating healthy and instilling great habits in them. Thats what I do and my kids will eat every fruit and begetable you put in front of them. They even chow down on meals that don't even have meat in them. :tongue:
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Brush you teeth right before you start cooking. Nothing tastes good right after you brush, and by the time you're done so is the extreme minty mouth!
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    I actually do do what crazymom said. I am a full time nanny/babysitter, and I can tell you that making chicken nuggets, and mac and cheese everyday can make u gain weight haha. I take my bush and toothpaste and do that and It really works. I also chug at least 1 bottle of water before I start cooking, I am soo full on water that I really am not that hungy! ^_^ Also one of the families I nanny for does a wine routine. they crack open a bottle of wine and while they are cooking try to finish one glass. I dont know how well it works for them but the mom sure is skinny! haha! ^_^

<3
    B